Alanis Morissette - Flavors of Entanglement sync listen

"Fergie loved this....Sent Alanis a butt-shaped cake with a very positive note attached!"

I hope this Youtube comment is true

I'm going to listen again, but on first listen, my favorites are

Underneath, Torch, Not As We, Madness

I also kind of like On The Tequila :D

I've saved Underneath, Tapes, Not As We and In Praise of the Vulnerable Man, but I'm sure some of the others will stick eventually too.

Sorry I couldn’t join in as I do like these syncs, put it down to the clock change seeming to have a 3 hour impact on my organisational skills rather than one. I’ll have a listen and read the comments.

Me at BfS's window at 6:45 to GENTLY REMIND HIM

greenhouse-big.jpg

This is a special one, I'll have to come here next time I put it on. Strait-Jacket is a rare case of Alanis's Niagra Fall mouth actually hitting the nerve with pin point accuracy. "Something so benign from me construed as cruelty" is mad and also heartbreaking. The surge of guitars in Underneath is just melancholy freefall to the point of utopia. Giggling Again For No Reason: this is ecstatic and pure oxygen to me. What hangs in the air as she gets quiet for its last precious seconds is the ultimate.

Guardian was a life resuscitation anthem last year, I'm surprised I didn't put on my angel wings and jump into the whole album actually (I did have a nibbles though and it was definitely decent).

And Forks was a blinder, she was on fine form if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom