Albania 2021: Anxhela Peristeri - Karma

Will

User
Has anyone listened to the Albanian songs and can report anything half decent, or is nobody here *that* much of a loon?

I put Albania's songs on in the background last night. There were a few strong efforts but nothing to get them out of their 17th-23rd comfort zone on first listen.

Thank you @VoR :disco: I'll have a listen to that lot.

I ended up liking that fan-fave, big-star song from last year's selection, that ended up coming second.

Reactions: VoR
I can't hear you over my constant sobbing for Cicciolina
WUzqP0y.png

So I was bored out of my arse so watched this tonight. From what I read I think they all perform an acoustic version of their song again tomorrow (:zombie:) with about 2/3rds of them qualifying to the final on Wednesday.

This was the absolute standout. One for @wurst in particular :D:disco:

As was this :disco:

But I’d have thought this will most likely get the nod to Rotterdam. It’s alright but will no doubt get an awful revamp and be translated into English, eventually rounding up about fourteenth in the semis.

But I’d have thought this will most likely get the nod to Rotterdam. It’s alright but will no doubt get an awful revamp and be translated into English, eventually rounding up about fourteenth in the semis.

I had that one pinned as the winner a while back... granted, it’s the only one I’d listened to but it is so very THEM.

I don’t think anything major needs to be done to the production or the structure - thank god it’s 3 minutes long already so maybe they won’t feel the need to - but I don’t see how it’d be worse off in English.

Era Rusi was the major standout for me last night. I hope the international jury is still a thing so that they can give her a big push towards victory.

"Pendese" was apparently written in English originally, which kinda suggests to me that it is going to win. I really like it, but it's rather Albania on autopilot, would rather have Era or Mirud for something different.

I had that one pinned as the winner a while back... granted, it’s the only one I’d listened to but it is so very THEM.

I don’t think anything major needs to be done to the production or the structure - thank god it’s 3 minutes long already so maybe they won’t feel the need to - but I don’t see how it’d be worse off in English.
It’s just that they don’t have good form when they translate songs into English, it almost always ends up sounding worse and nowadays there’s really nothing to gain from it.

This was the absolute standout. One for @wurst in particular :D:disco:

OMG I actually do love it! :D It's basically what would happen if Origo by Joci Pápai somehow got SMASHED together with It's My Life by Cesar? :D
The ethnic DROP is very me, although WHY is he dancing! What a mess :D This would be a great selection for 2021, but I doubt it as it's ALBANIA!

I actually kind of like all of them? Era Russi is perhaps a bit too TAT-TASTIC to make it out a semi, but Karma would be a really strong entry. The compromise of a normal Albanian screamathon mixed with a light ethno-SLUTPOP semi-banger. If they don't go for the waddling gay, Karma would do NICELY! :disco:

*Albania choose screaming woman in white dress for 10,000th time*

I'm still sort of gutted Albania PASSED on this last year, it's the effortlessly brilliant sort of stuff that really lifts a Eurovision final

I said SORT OF GUTTED as it was doomed whether it was selected or not OF COURSE :D but if SAMANTA TINA got another bash!

Reactions: D5K
OMG waddling gay went acoustic tonight and channeled QUEEN CONAN! :D

He was actually in pretty good voice, and the outfit was FAB - but the FIRE DANCER was a bit unnecessary :D
The song might be a bit stronger in stripped down form tbh LOVE IT! :disco:

Both Mirud and Era have qualified I think! :disco:

The Mirud song is a nice chill bop which is exactly what Albania is good at if you’re familiar with their music scene. We have decided to STAN!

This starts in fifteen minutes if anyone’s bothered.

So THIS has won. Poor Mirud :(

I mean I presume so. They handed out loads of awards at the end and she’s reprising her song so :D

She was the biggest star on the lineup by far, apparently.

Anyway, I like it. Very Albanian, but it has a bit of LIFE about it. Already sounds Eurovision ready, but let's see what they do with it.

Yes at least it’s not another POXY OLD BALLAD

More WHIFFS of SOUKS too

Reactions: VoR
Poor Mirud, and poor Era. Mirud has already stropped off claiming he will never enter the Albanian selection process AGAIN! :D

The fanz are GRUMBLING that Inis was robbed, but Karma seems a much better option to me - and Inis didn’t even finish it the top 3 according to wikipedia!

Anyway I think Karma is pretty good? It’s the most competitive thing Albania have sent in years albeit obviously not a winner. She can sing, and has a performance of sorts there already. She’s not as fabulous as whoever this WILD BEAUTY was, but then WHO IS!

298909c20ced4bbc8bbfb4af9a886e88_L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom