Album sales update

I think it comes down to that she never really connected with the GP after “Music” here. “Hung Up” and “4 Minutes” obviously were relatively high profile releases/had a rollout here, but they didn’t really endure like they did elsewhere. Unfortunately Hall & Oates etc seem to get more traction on playlists, probably because of their inclusion in movies, ads etc in recent years. She’s certainly made a better coin on hard sales the past 40 years to care about shit streaming numbers though!

Yeah I mean 'Hung Up' is her 2nd biggest song on Spotify I think. It was huge worldwide. Number 7 in the USA my arse.

That being said I think the priority of making coin in the past ten years from touring has been hugely detrimental to her overall legacy. Let's see what happens if those rumours of her re-signing with Warner are true..

Yeah I mean 'Hung Up' is her 2nd biggest song on Spotify I think. It was huge worldwide. Number 7 in the USA my arse.

Number one on sales though. And if radio had actually played it, it could easily have been bigger

The Ray of Light numbers are shockingly low on streaming metrics. The fucking debut having double the streaming points? What?

Her '90s output is not properly pushed on streaming playlists. It's like her career skips from '80s to 'Hung Up' and '4 Minutes.' Annoying!

I'm pleased for Dita, Erotica is such a stark and deceptively playful triumph. Speaking of 6s and 7s, I did assume Evita would have been nearer the 20. I don't think going pure creamy smooth pop icon godess mode again even interests her, but she could surprise us yet.

I'm pleased for Dita, Erotica is such a stark and deceptively playful triumph. Speaking of 6s and 7s, I did assume Evita would have been nearer the 20. I don't think going pure creamy smooth pop icon godess mode again even interests her, but she could surprise us yet.
As it pertains to Evita, I assume its sales were hindered a bit by the double disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom