Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
So they have the rights to her songs and it’s very much her life story but she’s called Aline Champignon or something instead of Celine Dion.

Very

1626285625623.png

@Zu 2 welcome back hun. I thought of you when this thread was created.

Reactions: Zu
Watched this last night, what a ride! The child CGI is somehow even MORE chilling than expected, and I don't know if Celine was known for having an adult woman's singing voice as a child but that's definitely how they present it here (clearly the same - very good tbh - vocal soundalike being used for the child and adult songs). The fact they had the rights to the music but nothing else was very funny, particularly the newspaper headlines about Aline winning "Dublin's song competition" :D

Other highlights (will spoiler just in case):
    • The Rene actor clearly looking exactly the same age throughout, just changing from a wispy wig to the bald ponytail after a certain point
    • Aline losing her voice and communicating with her mother on the phone by doing MORSE CODE with a spoon or something, which was so ridiculous I'm guessing has to be true somehow?
    • Aline having the twins and it immediately cutting to a scene of her joking about gobbling up their piss and shit
    • The twins being presented as the genderfluid horror movie icons they are, complete with the famous Bugsy Malone getups at Rene's funeral (also LRC suddenly being played by Timmy Chalamet at said funeral)
    • The story about her rushing Rene to hospital on a hotel cart barefoot and with one tit hanging out (again so ludicrous I'm assuming it's TRUE)
    • The FULL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM being available on Spotify

[*]

Watching the film doesn't make the decision for her to play the child version any clearer, I have to say. I can only assume it's so that the scenes with adult Rene are less weird since she's got an adult face* and he's not acting against a child, but that's how it was in REAL LIFE! Also he's called Jean Charles or something like that in the film, I'm just calling him Rene because come on. The use of the same face throughout also makes it hard to follow the timeline; they stop doing the CGI face stuff when she's around fifteen I think, but it gets quite confusing.

*(And I'm really not trying to be mean, but she looks even MORE like a fiftysomething woman in the child scenes. She has a whole baggy/jowly jawline thing going on which isn't there when she's playing the older version! Maybe it's some sort of CGI error.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom