Alternate banners

Thread, honey, thread. It's the internal selection in LITHUANIA, it's not even Sweden we're talking about here.

Attempt #1

moopy_lsl.png

If we're going to go with a Steps banner (or even if we're not), is it worth considering promoting the Steps forum out of the retirement village and having a real push with it?

I mean I know the days of chasing new members seem to be long gone, but I do think we could get some out of this...

Reactions: Zu
Agreed, I think it's a good idea to promote it out just for this album. I'll try to polish the banner, with fresh eyes it looks quite shit.

We're still super strong at retaining non-Nazi posters so it's not too pressing, but I think it might be a good idea to work out some strategies to get new members before most of you start to die.

I agree. The album thread was on the first page of Google hits a few days back - we've dropped now but it's still on the 4th page, and with more news pieces than discussion threads above it.

Erring on the side of caution, maybe the reference to MOTHER SNORT needs to be removed? Just put BEST STEP. Apart from that, :disco:

Not enough QUEEN FAYE clinging into the glitterball for dear life!

I think it needs to be less wide - I can't read the text of the current banner on my phone.

Either fewer items, or smaller gaps between the items.

Knew you'd say that, I'm already thinking.

Surely Eurovision season will provide lots of ideas.

A Eurovision themed one would be good, no? I know lots of people here don't care for Eurovision, but a picture of the gorilla with his bowtie...? Anyone?

I think it's possibly too early for Eurovision for the whole of the forum. Although I can't really think of anything else at the moment.

The event is only a month away though. And this Steps banner lasted (a lot) more than their actual stint in the charts.

I'll try my best not to incriminate myself with Mugatu2017 approaching on the horizon but there were ideas, I just didn't have the time to properly work out the look. I definitely missed the boat on the PRAY for London/that dead pigeon :( :( ones.

(sorry, I realise this is a bit MY BUSY JETSETTING LIFESTYLE, I'll spare you boring details about course applications and say I was sipping cocktails with Funky and Lou :disco:)

Reactions: COB
If I see one appearance of the dreaded novelty monkey in the banner, I will leave forever and I will sue you and you will all go to jail :)

The event is only a month away though. And this Steps banner lasted (a lot) more than their actual stint in the charts.

Nearly 6 weeks isn't it?

I appreciate that the Steps one probably outstayed its welcome ( or at least relevance) but that doesn't mean we need to have longrunning ones all the time.

I agree with the idea of having a general one that we fall back on, rather than hanging on to the last moment, long after it has passed.

If we're having a Eurovision one there's no way were NOT having the gorilla :evil:

Reactions: ZZ
Not bothered about Lucie. But yes to her lovely boyfriend, please. Preferably shirtless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom