Amanda Palmer - There Will Be No Intermission

Iguana

If I only could...
I always feel very disconnected from her between albums but every time she releases one, I connect with it and her songwriting straight away.

I love the new album. It's very stream of consciousness and raw. Same old themes for her - death, abortion, life, love - much less instrumentation than Theatre Is Evil but it's effective. A couple of choice cuts below.

Voicemail for Jill

A Mother's Confession

The Thing About Things

Last edited:
On first listen, I LIKED this but it didn't smack me between the eyes. Part of that was having some of the songs already, part of it was the energy sapping interludes. I'm going to give it another go with those programmed out, leaving just the songs.

I've seen her live 3 times but I don't know if I'm nuts about a solo tour. I'll miss the Grand Theft Orchestra.

This reliably ludicrous woman has announced her split from Neil Gaiman on PATREON, which is possibly the most Amanda Palmer thing that has ever happened. :D

On first listen, I LIKED this but it didn't smack me between the eyes. Part of that was having some of the songs already, part of it was the energy sapping interludes. I'm going to give it another go with those programmed out, leaving just the songs.

I've seen her live 3 times but I don't know if I'm nuts about a solo tour. I'll miss the Grand Theft Orchestra.

It took me a while to properly get into the album but I love it now. It's not like you can have it on repeat anything but one to go to from the to time and just zone out to it.

The solo tour was amazing although it sounds tedious on paper. 4 HOURS LONG with mostly anecdotes, and some songs thrown in. But she's such a good entertainer that she keeps your attention for every second - I was on the edge of my seat throughout. Ah the days when we could gather

This reliably ludicrous woman has announced her split from Neil Gaiman on PATREON, which is possibly the most Amanda Palmer thing that has ever happened. :D
Yeah I saw it on her instagram and when people asked her about it she was all, "More details on my Patreon." :square:

He seems to have known enough to have moved out of where they were staying in Australia in lockdown, and back to London!

I think it's just he didn't know she was going to post about it? I've not been following though so that may be wrong

It's a shitshow one way or the other. I find it hard to grudge Palmer's occasional dick moves because the "ableist" thing is overstated and "The Bed Song" saved my life so...y'know.

It's a shitshow one way or the other. I find it hard to grudge Palmer's occasional dick moves because the "ableist" thing is overstated and "The Bed Song" saved my life so...y'know.

At her best she packs such a powerful emotional gut punch. I can find her hard to digest when she's on a rant, but her songs just speak to me. The morbid humour, the directness, the off the cuff poetry. I tend to go off her and then love her all over again when she releases a new album. And two out of three times I've seen her live, she's been one of the best live acts I've seen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom