Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Iguana

If I only could...
Falsesmiles.jpg

I am listening to this album for the FIRST TIME EVER (as far as I remember). I know the singles well but that's it.

RATE PLEASE if you remember any of it.

00 Just A Little Girl
00 Misfit
00 Under The Thumb
00 All I Wanna Do
00 If Only
00 Beautiful Lie
00 Ladder In My Tights
00 Carry Me Away
00 Happy Now
00 Gonna Be Fine
00 Superior Mind
00 Going Out Of My Mind
00 Seconds Away
00 Testify
00 Nobody (bought this album)

Two consecutive songs with 'Mind' in the title? Well OKAY then

I had this album, I was very excited about it (probably the Karen Poole connection) but I can’t remember anything apart from the singles.

All I wanna do was a really crappy choice for a cover. I can SORT of understand but :/
I mean if it had to be Sheryl “If it makes you happy” would’ve been better I think.

her moody cow schtick didn’t really go anywhere did it? I think the second album had a similar title like People are bastards or something

Oh the second album wasn’t titled like that it turns out, and she had a nervous breakdown when she was 22! :(

but she’s recording again now

My first thought was didn’t she do the original version of “Nothing Good About This Goodbye”?
Turns out that’s Alexis Strum.

I was obsessed with this album at the time, though I've long since outgrown it.

Great singles, but my God that Sheryl Crow cover must go down as one of the most wrong-headed record company interventions ever.

Also, bit of CELEB GOSSIP. A friend of mine had to fire Amy from a teaching position a few years ago. Apparently she was a complete and utter nightmare. :D

I have no memory of Amy Studt’s pop career whatsoever. Genuinely, I don’t know her. :o

Ladder In My Tights was clearly her crowning moment. Had the potential to be a hit for her as well.

God I LOVED this album at the time. The good stuff still holds up I reckon.

I enjoyed some of her second album too, but I gave the third a spin the other day and it was a bit poo. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom