And Just Like That... (Sex & The City revival)

I do actually think the show however has depicted quite well the absolute BOREDOM and TEDIUM of a happy-ish long term relationship with Steve and Miranda though.

I've seen several discussions online of people saying they don't really understand how Steve and Miranda's relationship could fail, but I think the show depicting Miranda literally staring into a slow-death ABYSS of tv boxsets and snacks with Steve, then having her head turned by a charismatic (:eyes:) genderless BEING probably isn't all that unrealistic a scenario in ARTY MIDDLE CLASS CIRCLES*.

*other circles are of course also AVAILABLE

Lol remember when Miranda was an alcoholic? She just poured a negroni down the sink and that was it!
They've dropped a couple of potentially interesting storylines like a stone. All of Charlotte and Harry's learning about her child coming out as non-binary apparently resolved in one episode as well apparently.

Regarding the new characters - at this point, LTW and Che doesn't really exist independently of the main characters but that's also fine? There have always been supporting characters and love interests who fill that role. With Nia and Seema, they can't quite seem to decide whether or not they want them to be fully-realised characters with their own storylines. Nia has a storyline that is (mostly) disconnected from Carrie, Charlotte and Miranda - but thus far she hasn't been fleshed out much beyond that and is also weirdly disconnected from the group. I think Seema a lot of promise... she is actually probably the most embedded with the group, and did have an independent scene with the club owner this week. However, there is a lot more to do if they want her to feel like a major part of the show.

Last edited:
I was a little confused with her child having a bar mitzvah which they called BA mitzvah, is that meant to be a gender fluid mitzvah?
Boys have bar mitzvahs and girls have bat mitzvahs - Rock said they didn't want the latter so Charlotte said that was why they were going to have a "they-mitzvah"

(even as a non-binary person i'm cringing)

We're one episode behind and this isnt important but the scene where Carried called the guy from her podcast to discuss her noisy neighbours, do we think that was originally Stanford that was written for? It was so random!

We're one episode behind and this isnt important but the scene where Carried called the guy from her podcast to discuss her noisy neighbours, do we think that was originally Stanford that was written for? It was so random!
Nah, I think it made sense to call him because he’s probably usually the young guy making noise.

I think they’ve got away with storylines being dropped by just moving things on time wise very abruptly episode to episode.

I guess we’re just to assume Miranda had a relapse at Xmas and Charlotte just got on with it but now it’s what, fucking summer again or something?

there's another episode? I thought last week was the finale :D

I really wish they had stopped peddling the existence of Samantha after the first episode. It was quite well publicised what she thought of SJP and being on the show and every time they mention her as if she’s still a character just seems really hammy.

Che going at the drop of the hat to provide a plot device was so in form for the series I almost managed not to roll my eyes.

Miranda gives me the vibes of new gays who think they’re in love with you because it’s new and exciting and you’re just thinking “please don’t move to Glasgow coz I’m still scoring loads of cock and we’re not actually an item anyway and I don’t think anything more of you than being quite palatable”

Enjoyed it all anyway. Season 2 please.

Love how Samantha is just a MSN chatbot that exists on Carrie's seemingly 2011 phone now.
that's basically the perfect update of her character for the DIGITAL AGE considering she was basically just a FABULOUS SOUNDBITE GENERATOR in human form.

Yea I hard rolled my eyes at TRANS RABBI, but Hari Nef was really good.

Last edited:
The Rabbi felt more fully-formed as a character to me in just a few scenes, than the 2D cutout of Che did over the course of an entire season!

She felt like a throwback to the original series, where slightly eccentric characters were introduced without much fanfare and really helped with the show's New York world building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom