And Just Like That... (Sex & The City revival)

Sorry if this is as misogynistic as comparing one big pop girl's album to another, but I'm sure this will be tailored perfectly to straight white women, when if they had any sense they would tailor it to gays.

20131025__f7e1ed59-f39f-4d0f-8ac0-79630b4019d4lsoriginalph.jpg

Couldn't they just cast the one who played Samantha in The Carrie Diaries, have a character mutter something about an "amazing surgeon", and continue onwards?

I only really watched every single episode and bought the box sets for Kim AND New York. I'll try, but I doubt I'll care.

Samantha NOT DEAD it seems

But how will the show explain the absence of one of the show’s core four? Star Sarah Jessica Parker and writer Michael Patrick King are the creative forces behind the sequel, and “they’re not trying to re-do Sex and the City,” HBO Max chief content officer Casey Bloys emphasizes to TVLine. “They’re not trying to say that these characters are reliving their 30s. It is very much a story about women in their 50s, and they are dealing with things that people deal with in their 50s.”

To that end, “just as in real life, people come into your life, people leave,” Bloys continues. “Friendships fade, and new friendships start. So I think it is all very indicative of the real stages, the actual stages of life… They’re trying to tell an honest story about being a woman in her 50s in New York. So it should all feel somewhat organic, and the friends that you have when you’re 30, you may not have when you’re 50.

https://tvline.com/2021/02/10/sex-and-the-city-revival-samantha-kim-cattrall-absence-explained/

I think that is the right call - Samantha being dead would feel wrong, like killing off Edie in DH was clearly a huge error of judgment (/act of revenge driven by a toxic showrunner).

Reactions: GNL
people who were in it are in it again

Are they just filling it with as many familiar faces as possible so we won't miss Samantha too much? :D

I guess this could pave the way for a Desperate Housewives revival with no Teri or just Teri.

Honestly who cares about these people and that bully SJP.

Girlfriends (which I'm watching now on Netflix) was much better anyway. Except for the Kesley Grammar association I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom