Andre Aciman- Find Me

Sheena

ROMANCE
I know this has been mentioned elsewhere but I feel it deserves its own thread.

I can’t remember the last time I hated a book more. How dare he shit on the glorious Call Me By Your Name with this pissdribble.

I hated the first section- it was just boring- and then he basically repeated the story in part two, also stealing from his other INCREDIBLY SAMEY books. And don’t get me started on the pervy old man I JUST DIDN’T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT.

Having Elio and Oliver tossed away into that ridiculously tagged on ending because the publishers demanded it was fucking appalling.

It’s been three days since I finished it and I’m still upset.

It was absolutely utter shite.

It had some nice passages (especially the “find me” wall section) but overall it was disappointing, undercooked, TRASH.

I liked Call Me By Your Name a LOT at the time. In retrospect though it hasn't stuck with me like a lot of the others have and like I expected it to, and I'm not sure why. Maybe because it centres around two rich white boys on the Italian Riviera, or maybe because of a need to pretend not to love-love something so popular. I don't know.

But I'm disappointed in the reviews for Find Me because I was excited to start it. I didn't really understand the POINT of it when I saw it was in the works because the story seemed quite well wrapped up in CMBYN but still.

I don't know if I'll bother now. :(

I know this has been mentioned elsewhere but I feel it deserves its own thread.

I can’t remember the last time I hated a book more. How dare he shit on the glorious Call Me By Your Name with this pissdribble.

I hated the first section- it was just boring- and then he basically repeated the story in part two, also stealing from his other INCREDIBLY SAMEY books. And don’t get me started on the pervy old man I JUST DIDN’T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT.

Having Elio and Oliver tossed away into that ridiculously tagged on ending because the publishers demanded it was fucking appalling.

It’s been three days since I finished it and I’m still upset.
That was the worst and the shower sex thing was just SUPER CREEPY.

We were discussing this and other books in the QUEER LIT thread a while back.

Thanks to @jivafox and @Chlammy I've found myself reading What Belongs to You and Swimming in the Dark (just finished yesterday) and they were both stunning. In fact I might prefer them to Call me by Your Name...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom