Andy Fletcher (Depeche Mode) DEAD

A year younger than my Dad. Which is fucking with my head a little.

He was also Mr L's first boyfriend's cousin. Andy Fletcher that is, not my Dad.

Reactions: GNL
I can't see Gahan and Gore continuing as a duo. Gore's participation in DM since the mid 90s has been based on Fletcher's continued presence and, indeed, his ability to find middle ground between him and Gahan.

I saw them in 2013 at the O2 and it was electric. What a band.

I'm going to watch 101 again tonight now with the sound cranked RIGHT UP (and fast forwarding through the kids on the bus) :disco:

I bought the CD/DVD editions of their albums that came out in the mid 00s (apart from Speak and Spell because I don't like that album) and each one has a documentary on the DVD, all with a decent running time and properly insightful. Well worth seeing those - DM have rarely been as candid as they were here.

I bought the CD/DVD editions of their albums that came out in the mid 00s (apart from Speak and Spell because I don't like that album) and each one has a documentary on the DVD, all with a decent running time and properly insightful. Well worth seeing those - DM have rarely been as candid as they were here.
I have the Violator and Music for the Masses CD/DVDs but wish I had invested in the rest. I think they're quite rare now..

Are you not a fan of Vince Clarke? I think Speak and Spell is pretty great, especially for a debut album, but it is VERY Vince.

Are you not a fan of Vince Clarke? I think Speak and Spell is pretty great, especially for a debut album, but it is VERY Vince.

I think both Yazoo and the first 10 years or so of Erasure are much much better than Speak and Spell. Whether this is just progress or whether Clarke works at his best with one creative foil is difficult to judge but I have no beef with VC at all. Both parties flourished after the split, an exceptionally rare scenario.

Delta Machine had a few decent tunes. I saw them on that tour and they did the decent thing by only playing 4 songs from it.

Impromptu DM album rank:

1. Violator
2. Songs of Faith & Devotion
3. Music for the Masses
4. Ultra
5. Black Celebration
6. Construction Time Again
7. Some Great Reward
8. Playing The Angel
9. Exciter
10. A Broken Frame
11. Delta Machine