Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

The new items are very cool. I couldn't be more pleased with some of it all and have updated my dream code: DA-7458-6918-1448. The customizations possible are some of the best yet, but I don't have the patience to do anymore feather catching via time travelling.

Could anyone send any of these?

Egg lamp (I've realised some of the Easter stuff was actually decent)

Red cosmos plant

Yellow cosmos plant

Pink or yellow love heart chocolate box

:disco:

btw when IS the snow disappearing? I ran around for an hour or so while I watched a film, catching snowflakes because I thought they were disappearing on the 18th. Thank you internet :eyes:

I only have the (gorgeous) new Japanese lamp. Where are all the Mario, Diddy's doll house and dUb's Irish garb?

I'm a little annoyed Mario and Shamrock aren't unlockable through time travelling, I've been looking forward to this update and have been organising my island accordingly.

Do you want me to send you it?

The stair shelves with dolls (2×2 blocks taken up). Apparantly the tradition is to put special lamps at either side.

Oh that must be the Girl's Day decorations, I think that's on 3/3 so hopefully I'll have it too. Don't worry yet, I'll check if it's available (but I'm in Japan so it must be surely)

Has anyone got an orange spotlight (that stands, not the wall one)? I only have pink and of course that pirate fox would never just rotate the stuff you don't have or anything useful like that.

New items are so cute, I think I have them all now. Again, why not just make it available to everyone instead of limited edition cards, which would take away the endless fun of tedious trading crusades of course.

Has anyone got an orange spotlight (that stands, not the wall one)? I only have pink and of course that pirate fox would never just rotate the stuff you don't have or anything useful like that.

New items are so cute, I think I have them all now. Again, why not just make it available to everyone instead of limited edition cards, which would take away the endless fun of tedious trading crusades of course.

I can take a look, do you mean the big standing spotlights on a pole, or the floor lights?

I am a little bit disappointed they’ve done nothing for the 1st anniversary. I’m sure I’ve said this but Japanese LOVE an anniversary, and they did loads for Pocket Camp didn’t they?

The slow reveal of features has been good but I feel they’ve lost the pace a bit, and I’m losing faith that there will be more.

I think they were a lot more responsive to things like reducing the bank interest or number of tarantulas, than they have been about new items. The Nook Miles array of items has been very disappointing, for something that was supposed to be a key feature of the game

Yeah, on the stand. I put down the pink one to see if it would look good, but it absolutely doesn't.

I'd say the new items have been consistent, just not overly frequent. The 4 new Bunny Day items aren't bad (3 look great). Not sure what could be left beyond what has been cut from previous games and more cross promotion stuff (I'm thinking a Master Sword from Zelda surely must be on the cards).

I'd been back playing this in a big way, but I feel I've reached a peak again. I've been thinking a paintball mini game around the island would be absolutely awesome - I'll need to email them..

Yeah, on the stand. I put down the pink one to see if it would look good, but it absolutely doesn't.

I'd say the new items have been consistent, just not overly frequent. The 4 new Bunny Day items aren't bad (3 look great). Not sure what could be left beyond what has been cut from previous games and more cross promotion stuff (I'm thinking a Master Sword from Zelda surely must be on the cards).

I'd been back playing this in a big way, but I feel I've reached a peak again. I've been thinking a paintball mini game around the island would be absolutely awesome - I'll need to email them..

I have a yellow one in my catalogue, is that any good? If so how many?

looking at some of the new leaf stuff, I just wish there was more variety in furniture, there were some great sets. Also so many food items I’d love to use! I feel like the catalogue peaked in NL

It's okay on the light, the little micro environment I was making looks better without it after all that.

I've read in NL you can't decorate outside, otherwise I'd totally get it.

It's okay on the light, the little micro environment I was making looks better without it after all that.

I've read in NL you can't decorate outside, otherwise I'd totally get it.

Oh I totally forgot that :D I guess that’s a big thing. But I mean would it KILL them to have more Nook Miles items?

Btw very blessed and happy to have finished my Golden Tools stamp card! Gulliver finally gave me the shovel recipe

I need 1 bug, around 20 fish, 10 sea life miscellaneous, the concerts, more wisp, the shipwrecked pirates and a mere 1000 of the +miles challenges to do and then I'm set!

I’m surprised you are missing so many animals considering your hours, do you just not like hunting them?

yeah I’ve got this feeling that I want to get all the nook Miles achievements, but some of them... especially KK!

I enjoy putting things outside :)

Getting items takes a lot of time and effort, but yes, I've no idea how I amassed so many hours. My first play of it was around 15 hours and I actually lost weight playing it so much at launch.

Even if the KK song played a montage of your last playtime, at least it would be a reason to watch. Having the credits play that you cannot fast forward just makes me put it off and go put the kettle on if I do happen to be willing (and that it's after 6pm of course!)

Even if the KK song played a montage of your last playtime, at least it would be a reason to watch. Having the credits play that you cannot fast forward just makes me put it off and go put the kettle on if I do happen to be willing (and that it's after 6pm of course!)

yeah, I think that’s what gets me sometimes. This edition is AC was executed well, and I have loved playing it. But there are just some things that feel like easy wins that were missed. Making KK’s performances so generic is definitely one

Had no idea there were more new items (most notable are the wedding bells). If nothing else, these additions do bring me back.

Animal Crossing 2.0: Judgement Day, out on 5 Nov, ABBA Day

Me, pictured earlier and now still
nuclear explosion bomb GIF

Holy shit

To think a few weeks ago I saw plenty of people on Reddit etc. resigned to the idea that Nintendo had GIVEN UP ON IT :eyes:

Oh that little sting of "THIS IS IT THOUGH" at the end :D

Oh that little sting of "THIS IS IT THOUGH" at the end :D

Lol yes that was a bit of a slap, but it does say the last major update so presumably that’s NOT it, just no 3.0. So a shop upgrade could still happen, for example. I’m not sure what’s LEFT to add from continuity though.

Happy to see psychic queen Katrina back, I love her going YEEEEEEEEEE

Oh that “this is it though”… followed by the face crack of the century, Happy Home sequel DLC that nobody even speculated about, also out in 3 weeks!!

Just a list of what we have in the free update

- Brewster’s Roost, Amiibo compatible
- Kapp’n’s mystery island tour, feat. Other seasons and foreign plantlife
- Harv’s hippie plaza, ft. Residencies for Sahara, Reds, Kicks, Leif and Harriet
- HarvStock also has Katrina the fortune teller. YEEEE
- and Cyrus and thingy who can customise previously uncustomisable items like Nook Miles items
- Radio exercise in the regular island plaza, a thing that people do every day in Japan and WTF :D including motion control!!
- island ordinances to control island activity
- mega expanded storage, up to 3200, 4000 and 5000 :o
- new home exteriors
- more Nook Miles items like fountains and ferris wheels
- vegetable growing!
- COOKING!
- pro decorating, including hanging lights and decorations, accent walls, and custom design wallpapers
- more bridges and inclines allowed (10 max each)
- new fencing and fence customisation
- updated camera modes, including first person
- wearable custom patterns
- more hairstyles
- more reactions
- a new nook phone App for beginners
- an outside storage shed linked to your home storage
- portable ATM
- more KK Slider songs, also available on music boxes
- GYROIDS! Customisable too!
- new items in the shop
- permanent ladders fixed to cliffs