Anna Sacoolas/ Harry Dunn case

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
I know this shit has mostly already happened, but it still makes my blood boil every time it's on the news.

Obviously Anna Sacoolas is an evil fucking cunt who couldn't even afford colour for her wedding day picture. Bitch!

_109213839_diplomatwife.jpg

Also the mother is amazing. You know she'll never rest until Sacoolas is rotting in Holloway.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT
The mother will NEVER EVER let it go. I'm not sure who is behind the decision to not extradite her, but I guess its linked to the government. A sympathetic US government may take differently.

I do actually wish her GOOD LUCK with it for ONCE but I still can't see it ever HAPPENING

Has this cunt been seen or commented since she fucked off?
Wasn't she in the next room, when they visited Trump with regards to this? As if it was a reality show or something equally as Trumpian and tasteless.

Hoping they crowdfund a bunch of vigilantes to go over and sort her out.

I also didn't assume she was just some old barren cunt who went round bitterly running over children.

There was a great track on the SPITTING IMAGE CASSETTE TAPE with GEORGE YOUNGER and CASPY WEINBERGER where they discuss the SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP with CASPY telling George that we'll need to have TRIDENT, AMERICAN AIRBASES etc etc etc and then we can DO HIS LAUNDRY and PICK THE KIDS UP FROM SCHOOL and at the end GEORGE says "AND WHAT DO WE GET OUT OF IT?"
"NOTHING"
"NOTHING?"
"NOTHING! That's why it's SPECIAL!"

PLUS CA CHANGE as we say down the HAT AND FAN

Aren’t you supposed to be at the disco? Or have you snouted out the Starburger?

The last few posts are going to look very weird in a few years if this topic has legs.

It won't of course, unless Anna Sacoolas and Harry's mum end up together or something :eyes:

Im not justifying the decision to keep her in the US, but neither her or her husband were standard military personal. They were intelligence ops, hence why they were spirited away from the UK so easily. Of course the US is not going to admit to spying on their closest ally, and release an operative for questioning in a foreign state!

UK courts now agree that Anne Sacoolas had DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY at the time she killed Harry Dunn by driving on the wrong side of the road:

Harry Dunn’s parents have lost their high court battle against the Foreign Office over whether their son’s alleged killer had diplomatic immunity.

Dunn, 19, was killed when his motorbike crashed into a car being driven on the wrong side of the road by American Anne Sacoolas outside RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire on 27 August last year.

Sacoolas, whose husband Jonathan Sacoolas worked as a technical assistant at the base, left the country a few weeks later after the US said she was entitled to diplomatic immunity.

The 43-year-old was ultimately charged with causing death by dangerous driving last December, but an extradition request was rejected by the US State Department in January – a decision it later described as “final”.

Just in case you didn't know any yanks working at RAF Croughton have been enjoying immunity since 1995 in "acts performed outside the course of their duties" because sPeCiAl ReLaTiOnShIp. So good luck to any locals if another "WIFE OF THE CONSULATE" goes on a CARMAGEDDON SPREE again!

Charles and Dunn’s case centred on a 1995 agreement between the UK and the US, granting immunity to administrative and technical staff at RAF Croughton, which the US waived in relation to “acts performed outside the course of their duties”.

At a hearing earlier this month, their lawyers said the FCDO “took upon itself the authority to resolve the question of immunity and ultimately and unlawfully decided to accept the US embassy’s decision that Anne Sacoolas had immunity”.

Sam Wordsworth QC told the court that Sacoolas had “no duties at all” at the base and therefore “never had any relevant immunity for the US to waive”.

But Flaux and Saini found Sacoolas had diplomatic immunity “on arrival in the UK” under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations (VCDR) which had not been “expressly waived”, meaning she “had immunity at the time of Harry’s death”.

Well the Dunn family are going to appeal so it's not over yet. But yeah, as it stands she will not face any trial or any consequences because she had immunity at the time.

So you could have immunity and do what the hell you like and get away with it??

So you could have immunity and do what the hell you like and get away with it??

Pretty much. The government the diplomat belongs to can waive the immunity if the person has committed a serious crime, but they don't have to if they don't want to (like it's clearly the case with the US government here).

There's a whole section of "abuses" of diplomatic immunity on Wikipedia, including MANY CAR ACCIDENTS around the world with "DIPLOMATS" being involved in highly dodgy stuff like this and being carted out of the countries on a flight the next day. ONE RULE FOR THEM ETC.

HONESTLY. If she was just half decent human being and handed herself in at the time she probably would have got away with a driving ban for a few years for Causing Death by Dangerous Driving, which would probably not even be honoured in the USA and made no difference to her whatsoever.

Pretty much. The government the diplomat belongs to can waive the immunity if the person has committed a serious crime, but they don't have to if they don't want to (like it's clearly the case with the US government here).

There's a whole section of "abuses" of diplomatic immunity on Wikipedia, including MANY CAR ACCIDENTS around the world with "DIPLOMATS" being involved in highly dodgy stuff like this and being carted out of the countries on a flight the next day. ONE RULE FOR THEM ETC.

I mean how much more serious can you get than taking someone's life?!

There's quite a big sentence for that isn't there?
It all depends really. It’s not even a mandatory disqualification in some instances. I’ve worked for a licensing authority for 12 years now and have seen some pretty light sentences in the past.

What baffles me is the notion that they’re exempt from prosecution ANYWHERE. If their status as ambassadors means they can’t be prosecuted in their host nation, they should still be bound by the law of the country they’re from. The idea that they’re above the law full stop is ludicrous, even if it gave us Lethal Weapon 2.

My mum always likes to reminisce a story from when we lived in Texas and a boy called CLAY threw his backpack at me at school and made me cry. When I got home my mum asked my why I was crying and I told her, so she went “RIGHT” and threw me in the car and drove to Clay’s house. When we got there my mum yelled at him and said that if he ever hurt me again there would be serious consequences. When we got home, Clay’s mother rang the house and told my mum that if she came round again with that threatening behaviour she would call the police, to which my mum said with some glee “well good luck with THAT, I’ve got DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY” and hung up the phone.

I think giving Harry Dunn's mother a car, put her on an open road, give Anna Sacoolas' three children bikes and 20 second advantage and just seeing what happens will be a satisfactory ending to this saga.

To the surprise of NO ONE, it has been confirmed in court in the US that she was a US spy working in the UK.

Oh, and she is "sorry" for having killed Harry of course, but not too sorry to come back to the UK to attend trial!

Reactions: GNL
This whole thing is properly messed up.

So she's pleaded guilty via videolink to the Old Bailey in the case now.. I didn't know they'd pressed on with this. Can she be imprisoned theoretically and expected to fly over here for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom