Annie - Dark Hearts (2020 Album & Singles)

The airvent singing kettle auteur returns and I cannot wait.

Who has she worked with? I would love more Paul Epworth tracks, but Mixed Emotions and Hold On were top notch too.

The synthwave sound and aesthetic has me very excited :disco:

I'm already obsessed with this. Ridiculously cool.

Co-written with Stefan Storm, and he is quite prominent on backing vocals in the chorus.

tumblr_ovdjt9FRBc1spaqz2o5_1280.gif

I was about to start a new topic on this, such was my enthusiasm.

a great track - it makes me feel like I’m doing the running away in It Follows.

yeah this is fabulous. I don't like synthwave too much either but this is a real vibe.

I like it, but I don’t think it’s THAT great really. Her voice remains a bit wispy for me and the melody isn’t anything special. I find her quite overrated to be honest. I remember her taking a pop at Madonna around 2003, saying that she could write better pop songs for her. Sorry luv, but you’re nowhere near that level.

“I did a lot of recording while I was pregnant, puking while I was singing,” she said. “Stefan had to go out to buy me liquorice, but I still managed to do some quite good vocals.”:disco:

That cover is giving me flop electro-pop tart in the Norwegian ESC selection process :D

I'm enjoying the single, and whilst it's very good I do agree it's a bit underwhelming as a comeback.
It sits very nicely with Songs Remind Me Of You and Anthonio tonally though :disco:

I like it rather than love it. And I want to like it more than I actually do. Let's see how it beds in, but it's very much a 7.5 for now.

I like it, but I don’t think it’s THAT great really. Her voice remains a bit wispy for me and the melody isn’t anything special. I find her quite overrated to be honest. I remember her taking a pop at Madonna around 2003, saying that she could write better pop songs for her. Sorry luv, but you’re nowhere near that level.

She must have thought she was invincible after taking on Geri with Me Plus One.

Speaking of, she should just use Geri's Top Gear footage for the video.

JyVf.gif

The Bomb is not exactly what I was expecting from this album but I am enjoying anyway.

Strangely this sounds better to my ears on YouTube than Spotify. Apparently inspired by French electro:

She hasn't announced any vinyl or CD release yet has she? I have to believe that the woman who did those amazing Anthonio letter CD singles will not be neglecting the physicals.

OUR ANNIE has quite a few PROPER BANGERS doesn't she?

Heartbeat
Chewing Gum
Songs Remind Me of You
Anthonio (Berlin Breakdown)
My Love Is Better
Ralph Macchio
Cara Mia

all :disco: to the max. she's very underrated. Songs Remind Me and My Love Is Better are SO Ten-era and WWTNS?-era Girls Aloud, respectively.

Bad Times and Mixed Emotions are 2 more of her best. What a rippling set she has.

Dark Hearts is lovely. It's more drastic... for her :disco:

No CD but there’s a fucking CASSETTE? Fuck off Annie!

I’ve said this before but this cassette shite we have now is just an absolute rip off.

Vinyl (and cassette :rolleyes:) up for preorder:

https://annie.100-percent.co.uk

SIX WHOLE POUNDS AND FIFTY PENCE for delivery of the vinyl though.

I'm more tempted by the Anniemal t-shirt :D

I'm sort of tempted, but £30 for a vinyl I probably won't listen to more than once seems QUITE STEEP, even if it comes with a signed letter from Annie herself.

But on the other side I feel bad, as she probably needs the sale far more than other artists I will happily buy a vinyl from for the same price without a thought. :D

Will it not end up in the usual places at more reasonable prices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom