Are you a walker?

People keep saying I’ll regret not learning to drive. I don’t think I will. My mum only learned to drive when I was about 3/4 purely because having 2 children was becoming difficult on public transport. When she retired she sold her car and doesn’t want it back.

I do think with children life would be much harder without a car.

iI go to the gym every morning and walk around a bit but in the afternoon, I strive for at least 10k after I'm done with work.

I walk and take public transport. It's absolutely fine for me. I live in the town centre.

This can occasionally be tricky as I have a shit knee that flares up periodically.

As for how I keep myself entertained? 80% of the time music. The rest podcasts. I have an Audible subscription, but I find books hard to absorb.

It’s only in the last year or so that I’ve fully discovered the joy of walking. When it comes to getting from A-B I’ll just go however it most convenient, but there’s nothing that clears the mind of an evening like a good walk with some music, a podcast or a chat on the phone with someone as I go.

Thankfully I’m living somewhere these days that’s actually pleasant to go for walks so it’s no chore.

I love walking and since I got my fitbit I am obsessed with my step count and hours of sleep.

I love a good long walk to different places which has become a bit of a hobby. On a normal day I always try to get over 10K. Last few weeks i've been getting close to 100k a week steps, by just being out and about for work, and walking to places instead.

I am even getting to the stage where I'm looking at WALKING holidays in the Lake District or Scotland. With pub stops of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom