Are you worried about catching Covid?

RJN

lost all chats
Pronouns
he/him
2 and a half years in, how worried are you personally about catching Covid?

I’ve had it twice now, and getting it again seems inevitable. I’m not particularly worried about getting it but I don’t want to spread it to vulnerable people. Also, selfishly, I don’t want to get it when I have a vacation or something I’d miss

I’m still worried about Covid societally, of course, but it seems out of my hands so I try not to dwell on it too much

Also, selfishly, I don’t want to get it when I have a vacation or something I’d miss
Well that's mainly it for me now; missing out on holidays or seeing vulnerable relatives.

Other than wearing a mask and frequent handwashing when at work (because it's still required in a NHS setting), I'm not taking any precautions really any more. So how worried can I be?

It’s weird. Had it once pre-vaccine which was horrid, and caught it having not left home for 17 days (!) Was super careful in the run-up to last Christmas but since January I’ve been going to the office every day, constantly at the cinema/theatre and pretty much given up on masks in the last month or so.

I get free tests through work and test at least once a week. My more careful and less active colleagues have all caught it a few times, but so far I’ve not got it again. It seems to be completely pot-luck at this rate and impossible to avoid. If you’re going to get it you will regardless of any precautions taken.

Other than wearing a mask and frequent handwashing when at work (because it's still required in a NHS setting)
Patients don’t have to up here! :evil:

Other than wearing a mask and frequent handwashing when at work (because it's still required in a NHS setting), I'm not taking any precautions really any more. So how worried can I be?
Same I guess. I wore a mask on a flight yesterday, but I pulled it down to eat and drink, and it all felt a little performative

No, patients don't have to where I work as well, but I'm expected to when walking around any of the clinical areas or reception.

And I have to ask permission of the person I'm consulting with if they are happy for me to remove my mask, even if they aren't wearing one.

Same with us. I think I worry about being ill generally because it's so f*cking hard to get any rest with children about. But again aside from work I'm not really taking any precautions.

No, patients don't have to where I work as well, but I'm expected to when walking around any of the clinical areas or reception.

And I have to ask permission of the person I'm consulting with if they are happy for me to remove my mask, even if they aren't wearing one.
Oh right! Yeah staff still have to.

I’ve had it twice and it’s been shite both times. Second time was worse as it was slap bang in the middle of a flat move I couldn’t avoid. I still feel awful because I’ve just not been able to rest.

I don’t want it again!

I’m convinced I had it after Eurovision as I had a cough (and three other of the moopy contingent had it) but still tested negative so was working everyday :D

No other symptoms though, so I don’t mind getting it again as long as it doesn’t interfere too much with PLANS.

It depends. I was worried about catching it last month but only because of the inconvenience; I had trips coming up that I didn’t want to cancel due to hassle/disappointment/costs etc, but now that the trips are done I’m not really that arsed anymore.

I think this is the world we live in now for the next couple of years. Trying to time your infections into the most convenient gaps in your social life

I've had a particularly nasty cough this week, but tested negative so I assume I'm just dying of the disease that kills all the troubled wastrels in Victorian fiction.

I'd like NOT to catch it. I don't like being unwell generally. But I'm not worried about covid in particular (unless I've got something planned that it could disrupt).

Still not had it, which kind of makes me feel a tad too safe!
isn't it quite possible that you have, or were you really testing super regularly? I think it's been around the block so many times (the dirty slag) that almost everyone has probably had it unless they just didn't have a social life or daily interactions. so - don't worry babes. you were just too HOT for COVID to HANDLE!

I've not had it nobody I live with has. I work in retail and speak to many people daily. Mask wearing appears to be increasing amongst customers, mostly elderly. I've been abroad twice and shared a plane with hundreds of maskless passengers.

I'm surprised I've not had it, and, touch wood, the vaccine is still effective. Ive only worn a mask recently when I had a dentist appointment but aside from that I'm happy to continue without.

I've not had it nobody I live with has. I work in retail and speak to many people daily. Mask wearing appears to be increasing amongst customers, mostly elderly. I've been abroad twice and shared a plane with hundreds of maskless passengers.

I'm surprised I've not had it, and, touch wood, the vaccine is still effective. Ive only worn a mask recently when I had a dentist appointment but aside from that I'm happy to continue without.
I still haven’t been to the dentist since 2019 but really should. How on earth do you go there with a mask on though?

isn't it quite possible that you have, or were you really testing super regularly? I think it's been around the block so many times (the dirty slag) that almost everyone has probably had it unless they just didn't have a social life or daily interactions. so - don't worry babes. you were just too HOT for COVID to HANDLE!
Oh I meant that I am aware of, of course. I only tested when I needed to or when I suspected something.

Had it in June and it sucked - but I'm also less concerned now as long as I keep taking care of my health, vaccinate and test regularly. I'm more concerned e.g. about my parents who still haven't had it and whose GP suggested they wait with the booster until September. :zombie:

Last edited:
Had it in June and it sucked - but I'm also less concerned now as long as I keep taking care of my health, vaccinate and test regularly. I'm more concerned e.g. about my parents who still haven't had it and whose GP suggested they wait with the booster unruly September. :zombie:
You mean the Spring booster?

I’m not that concerned. I got it during the new year from a flight and I’ll be taking my 4th shot soon.

Not masking anymore unless it’s somewhere where they request it.

I wasn't particularly worried from the start. I'm certainly not worried now.

The only time I'm any way concerned is for flights.

I was a hero during the pandemic and I’ll forever be proud of that. I’m not scared for me but I’m scared for the people I care about around me.

I guess I am worried a lot if I think about it.

I don’t want to get it, ten plus days of headache, fever, the scoots, what have you, doesn’t sound like just a cold (or even a flu)

Plus my shit work contracts mean I’ll lose salary for taking so long off

Also I haven’t been to the UK for 4 years and that prospect really stresses me out- catching it on a long haul flight and passing it to my parents who have somehow avoided it so far - my mum is 79, dad 77 and in a real risk group.

Then of course family and friends will want to see me so my chances of contact with it will be much bigger and I run the risk of getting it and not being allowed back to Japan which will REALLY fuck things up

I wasn’t very worried for my own health to being with (more worried about transmitting it to others) but after three shots of vaccine and after getting it, I’m really not worried. My body’s reaction to the vaccine was a lot stronger than the actual infection so if it’s going to be as mild next time, I’m not concerned at all.

I caught it last week, I've had it three times now; symptoms have been very mild so far thank God, but I forgot the worst part is having to be indoors 24/7 and I'm sure it's gonna drive me crazy.

Has anyone had it FOUR times? Someone in my office claims to and I don't think I quite believe him.

Still NEVER had it.

Although I was really quite ill a few months ago for AGES. Never tested positive. Everyone around me has had it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom