AS08 E04 - Screen Queens

VoR

Take it or leave it
I held out hope, but I am regrettably declaring this season to be a BOOT. :(

The over-production and riggery, far too much. Kahana getting a complete pass for being actively terrible, Kandy getting a complete pass for doing the same shit every single week (including the makeup, why is Michelle not picking up on this?!) - what on earth are either of them going to bring to Snatch Game compared to what we could have had from Kasha and Darienne?

The sketches were uniformly dreadful anyway, but at least Darienne's made sense. The Heidi/Lala/Kahanna one was just a complete disaster elevated only by Heidi and Lala doing mildly funny voices.

Only highlights for me were Alexis being a cunt again on the main stage, and the return of seventeen character illusionist SHANNEL, and her two-decade grudge against never winning a challenge. :D Thank God they finally gave her some closure.

Also Jesus Christ Jimbo, learn how to lip sync!

Last edited:
I feel the same and honestly it’s so infuriating to see Kandy getting away with being this bad again. I don’t think I’ve hated anyone this much on tv since Jackie from RHOM. :angry:

Shannel winning was the only good thing about this episode.

Meh. I thought Heidi and Layla were the only ones who were remotely funny.

Kahana is dead weight in everything but the looks and it’s boring.

I’ve not seen her in anything, but she came across as a random giggly, inarticulate valley girl who’d wandered onto the set.

She’s in euphoria and for some reason :rolleyes: she became the main character in the second season.

Alexis realising she's made a horrible mistake and spending all of Untucked trying to dig her way out of it :D

I'm glad she's still here as she's a great unintentional villain, but it would have been DELICIOUS if the other queens had actually decided they'd had enough of her obvious bullshit and got rid.

Shannel getting out of the car in Untucked and wandering around the set saying things like "Lotta memories here... lotta memories" was SO Valerie Cherish in The Comeback that if it was ANYONE BUT HER I would refuse to believe it wasn't intentional. :D

Shannel getting out of the car in Untucked and wandering around the set saying "Lotta memories here... lotta memories" was SO Valerie Cherish in The Comeback that if it was ANYONE BUT HER I would refuse to believe it wasn't intentional. :D
OMG I just came to say the same thing, everything she does and say makes me snigger. She could say something as mundane as "Here is my bag" and it would make me laugh. It's even more funny when you consider that Drag Race is filmed in a totally different locale to her first season and All Stars 1.

I want an Alexis and Shannel show.

• Love
Reactions: VoR
This season is significantly poorer in quality. I can't help but think that, by the show's current standard, they're all BROKE :D

SHANNEL :disco:

These stats were shared as insta stories by Race Chaser pod. Nothing we didn’t know before but it shows how poor S8 is regarding previous challenge wins and ranks compared to other seasons, including the vs World seasons.
IMG_6507.jpeg

IMG_6509.jpeg

IMG_6508.jpeg

These stats were shared as insta stories by Race Chaser pod. Nothing we didn’t know before but it shows how poor S8 is regarding previous challenge wins and ranks compared to other seasons, including the vs World seasons.
View attachment 18494

View attachment 18493
View attachment 18495

Those stats are all well and good, but in terms of contestant ranking, it makes out like UK vs The World is one of the strongest and well...:eyes:

Anyway I haven't watched this season yet but the fact I'm happy to run into threads without worrying about spoilers too much isn't the greatest sign.

We've also got into the habit of not watching the finales for ages or simply not bothering at all for some reason - they're always the least interesting part. I had google who won Canada vs The World

I love her. The amount of Face tune in that pic :D she looks like a cartoon

This is a lot more fun than she was on the show

Whilst all these seasons are now over produced, it’s not like we’ve lost anyone particularly devastating so far- and you can’t keep people in just cause they might be good at Snatch Game.

I’m still enjoying it but it’s not vintage yet, agreed. But I think anything was going to be a comedown after the all winners season…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom