AS6 E01: All Star Variety Extravaganza

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
On Wow+ now! Netflix... soon? Rula Lenska TBC

Episodes will be available on Netflix UK from Thursday afternoons with the first two due later today!

I just watched on Wow Presents Plus so

SPOILER

It was fine. There were so many queens so I think maybe it could have worked better to have saved the reading challenge for later on, because it was so rushed. Likewise for the talent show, but maybe that needs to come first. There are just only so many lip syncs to original songs I can take as a viewer, and they were so quick as well.

I'm glad TKB is staying because she's easy to cheer for and I think she'll do well in the ball. Nobody was spectacularly bad in the talent show, but nobody was spectacularly good either. Yara was a fun winner, and it was great to see Coco.

Haven't watched Ep2 yet.

Reactions: dUb
Pretty good first episode. I’m so bored by them lip syncing to their own invariably poor songs, so I was grateful for the few alternative talents that were on display

That said, TKB not lip syncing as her talent when she’s one of the best to ever do it... 🥴

Yara’s tits were of course the highlight

I loved this so much. I mean the talent show is nowadays ridiculously bad and predictable, and the format is really getting tired and yet somehow it was nice because 14 known queens is plenty, there’s so much going on so many great looks to watch.

How old are some of the queens though? I don’t know if it’s the hd cameras or the surgeries but Sonique, Yara and especially Pandora look like they’re 50+.

Living for TKB despite whatever she’s done to her face. She’s THE look queen.

And also is it me or is Ginger Minge borderline trade of the season? :ken:

I thought it was pretty obvious TKB was sticking around as her skin was a lot better in her confessional than it was onstage :eyes:

And also is it me or is Ginger Minge borderline trade of the season? :ken:
futzq8owra731.jpg

I thought it was a decent episode. Too many queens, I wanted more reads and less dreadful songs for the talent show.

I didn’t think Rajah’s talent was that good. You need to put on a show not just sow silently. That’s a skill not a talent.

Yara, Pandora, Ginger and Scarlet were the most fun. Jan needs is still as high strung as ever, Silky as shit as ever.

I didn’t think Rajah’s talent was that good. You need to put on a show not just sow silently. That’s a skill not a talent.
Yeah, no idea why she didn't talk the whole time?! She's funny! I'm sure it was stressful but COME ON

Absolutely not at Yara winning. Are we just laughing at body parts now? She was a total bottom for me out of this lot, even worse than what I fear TKB is going to be ranked as. What a tit indeed.

Oh also Eureka’s performance was repulsive

edit: oh I feel bad now watching Untucked! But I still hated it

Last edited:
I'm living for Ginger talking about her own mortifying experience of season 7 "making it to the top". Keep this up Ginge, please.

Damn, not a peep from Serena in Untucked. I was expecting a minor squabble with Akeria at the very least.

My thoughts:

*loved Eureka’s Russia-at-Eurovision performance
*the amount of lip syncing terrible songs = not a talent show. I would have given all the non-lip syncers a free pass on account of doing something different.
*thought Yara’s performance was borderline misogynistic and yet another example of the low bar this show often has.

The talent show was tragic, and as much as I like Yara Sofia, winning with THAT performance is a travesty.

Sorry but Pandora really should've won. She's got great humor and seems like a really nice person.

"I can't dance but I look ok" :disco:

LOVED that episode. Great intro, even if all the lip syncing was boring. Shaping up already to be a good season, I feel.

I'm so curious about what Pandora will be like once the competition really gets going - she was lauded as a comedy queen before "comedy queen" was really established as a category on the show, there have been far better since then, and most of her post-show output has been pop song parodies with the lyrics altered to be about poop :eyes:

Actually enjoying this ROPEY OLD BUNCH.

Yara’s TITS obviously the star of the show, not sure why people hated it, it was an ABSURDIST MASTERPIECE!!!

Yeah we laughed at it too. It was just so dumb, thank fuck for some basic humour among all the lip sync drivel! It's not like she robbed anyone else of the win.

Silky being near-bottom was unfair. Again, too many people getting free passes for bland dance/lip sync nothingness.

I'm loving this lot already, I feel like I want to root for Pandora but really I have NO CLUE.

Yeah, Silky was hard done by- playing the piano and singing live is worth so much more than mincing about miming…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom