AS6 E06 - Rumerican Horror Story: Coven Girls

Rowan Tree 🌳

maybe this time i'll win :)
I've finally made it to the actual screening of the 'movie' and this is dragging. I've paused it at least three times.

Poor Kylie is trying but an actress she isn't. :( Her runway is GREAT though. Ginger is probably the best I think? But I reckon Jan will win.

Michelle getting up to demo made me hide under my covers. :dead:

Hopefully the lip sync is great.

So I don't particularly agree with Kylie winning but I like her a lot and she was perfect for Dirrty so I'm not mad. Manila seemed resigned.

A'Keria was the best talking head of the season so I'm a bit sad she's gone. Pandora looked even more over it than usual when they went backstage. :D

Agree with everything you’ve said. It was a bit of a struggle watching the skit. Such a difference from when they let the queens improvise. The lowpoint was Michelle.

Ginger was top followed by Pandora for me. On the runway Kylie followed by Pandora and TKB.

Yeah Jan had a great look but I hated it anyway.

Is it me or did they make it look like Kylie was going to pick Rajah? I was already thinking Rajah will leave and then be the queen that gets to come back.

I think Rajah, Ginger and Kylie are set for the top 4 with either TKB or Eureka.

Loved the shout out to Fake Jan early in the episode

bbvh_4.jpg

This challenge is just that trying to get through it. Ginger surely has this. Kylie and Raja had their attempts interrupted in the most deliberately manipulative way possible (both showed a lot of promise actually). Pandora got something out the velvet hangers, but getting laughs out of the material is like blood from a stone. Utter drek.

I thought the judging was crazy. I remain utterly nonplused by Kylie, it’s all very flat and her acting was terrible.

I thought Pandora and Trinity were the best yet both were overlooked. Ginger was fine but the runway was ugly.

I’m pulling for Trinity or Ra’jah for the win now. It’s a performance next week so I know TKB will kill it.

Pleased for Kylie-S, she did well, but Ginjer nailed her bits (especially the choreo). If we include the runway, then no contest, KS all the way.

Unfortunately Akeria has hit too many bumps. Once the irky soundbites stopped she gave some good talking head and had a top tier parade of runways. And getting to know more about her journey on the way to being the drag queen we know today was really lovely, so she did well.

Yeah, this felt very predestined to give Kylie a win. Manilla absolutely threw the lip sync too.

Poor Pandora virtually invisible in the edit AGAIN :D

Still no Snatch Game next week?!

1. Why was the damn challenge so long?
  2. Why did Kylie win, when Ginger ate the scenery?
  3. Why is Pandora still in this competition?
  4. Jan truly is the Rachel Berry of Drag, and that is not a compliment
  5. I can't at Eureka and TKB having a romance
  6. This is probably the best All Stars since Season 3, mainly down to the likeability of the cast, whereas that one was down to the talent level

We still have a comeback episode

The lipsync song was very neatly TAILORED for her, so it's not a shocker she won that.

This episode was so cringey.

The worst part was RuPaul and Michelle Visage trying to convince us they know shit about professional acting :D The "How do you do?" bit made me GRIT my teeth.

Kylie's wins were orchestrated AS FUCK. What a waste of Manila! How she wasn't in the bottom is a fucking mystery. She had the biggest part and did practically nothing with it. And the judges having to pretend to like it :D

The runway was awesome though. All 10/10s. Especially Ra'Jah...who I better not see outside the Top 5!

And for the 47th time: Y'all leave Jan alone! (Bitch is going home next week).

And aww poor Pandora. I love the bitch, but she's basically fodder now.

Although, this was a really good season of All Stars for her to return for. And it is nice to have a more modest queen. Not all of them have to be loud.

How did they manage to take some of the most iconic and campy roles of the last 10 years and turn them into the most lifeless and medicore performances of all time? They made Gabourey Sidibe look like an Oscar nominee.... Oh.

Seriously: taking France Conroy's character from Coven and making it THAT BORING was unforgivable from Pandora. And Kylie should have been BOTTOM 3 not the winner. Runway was great, but her performance was absolutely abysmal. Ginger Minj won that challenge by a mile.

I don't think she's rubbish; her looks are great and her lip syncs and dance numbers and stage performances have been really strong. She just isn't a good actress.

How the hell did Kylie win that? Ru-diculous! I’d have had her in the bottom over Ra’jah.

It was another win for Ginger for me. She’s beginning to show what I expected from the beginning, that she’s a front runner. It feels like Ginger vs TKB at the moment for me.

And Snatch Game is blatantly Snatch Game of Love again, isn’t it? It’ll be the final six.

Wonder if the Game Within A Game (get on with it already) is related to this too.

Basically what everybody has said already above, it wasn't really an episode worth mass comment.

HOWEVER, the runway was FAB!
Eureka's in particular was stunning and really managed to mesh camp and fashion. Kylie's was of course legendary and pretty much everybody else put in a really good showing also.

Manila also gave the most obvious ever lipsync throw of ALL TIME :D Clearly she wanted Kylie to have her moment in the spotlight, and so didn't even TRY, which I actually thought was quite a sweet thing for her to do.

Yes, Manila turned in one of the worst lip-synchs of the season. Although she's not really suited to Dirrrty. I wasn't that impressed by KSL's reading either - it was more of gymnastics performance than a lip. And Stripped-Tina deserves a disgusting, obnoxious performance.

I also think I'm starting to enjoy EUREKA! this season, despite whatever that TKB romance was all about?

That she clearly HATES Jan as much as the rest of us makes her unexpectedly relatable - and Jan's mere irritating presence deflects from the more grating aspects of Eureka's personality :D

I really enjoy Eureka this season! She really seems to have responded to the criticisms and made an effort to be less overbearing, without completely shutting down the way poor Silky did.

Fine with her winning TBH, she's definitely an All Star.

I have a feeling Trinity and Rajah aren't going to be what the producers want in a winner, as neither has much of a pre-existing relationship with WoW. I just want Trinity to make the finals, which would be a huge victory for her.

It would be so weird/cruel to string Pandora along for THIS LONG without giving her a moment/any discernible airtime, only to boot her the week before Snatch game, but next week sure seems to be setting her up to fail...

Yes, the face crack of the century is that Eureka is really one of my faves this season.

I'm here for a TKB, Rajah, Eureka Top 3. Please no Ginger. So tired of all that gurning. And the spherical nature of her small body just bothers me.

I appreciate Ginger's obvious talent and comic chops/timing, but she is SO GUILTY of producing herself and trying to manufacture drama for the camera (and not in a particularly camp way) it really prevents me from being able to truly stan. If she's going to do that I wish she'd just go full throttle villain.
She's clearly DESPERATELY competitive too, even if she tries her hardest to hide it.

I never need to hear about somebody being her BEST FRIEND ever ever again!

Eureka and Ra’jah are the most improved in terms of attitude and likeability and they both kill it on the runway every week.

On the other hand my momentary sympathy towards Silky evaporated when I watched her at a watch party with poor Jiggly. She was her old obnoxious self, bulldozing Jiggly and not letting her get a word in and spouting the same old I’m great at lip syncs delusions all over again.

Yes, I am gruesomely on board with Ginjer. She is fantastic to observe. Even if she won, I'd be gawking and gasping at her insincerity. Thorgy seems to get her on this level too I was delighted to see.

Ginger is head and shoulders above the rest and you all know it.

I liked Kylie's performance but they had to hold her hand throughout and that doesn't scream 'winning performance' to me. Jan strutting in singing that rubbish song was BRILLIANT and exactly what I wanted from her.

Pandora is being given absolutely nothing to do but she's still one of my favourites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom