AS6 E10: A Game Within A Game

Oh I'm here for the Silky love I'm afraid, her run was cut bitterly short and I had a feeling at the very least she'd be given another go in Allstars 9 or something after that. It seemed a bit fishy when she was put in the bottom in the talent show when she was top 3/4 in reality and then her exit was all rather sad and premature. But as she last appeared three centuries ago, I did NOT expect her to make a comeback via some kind of lip sync Mortal Kombat climb-the-pagoda style challenge - never mind obliterate all in her path. The whole episode was nail-biting right to the end and the Barbie Girl sync was as has been said, the stuff of Drag Race legend (although the secret drink in the bra thing was my favourite trick, proper howling).

So so happy for her, but she absolutely lost to Eureka in the end. I'm not sure what makes sense now, just bringing Eureka back, which kind of makes the whole process UTTERLY irrelevant :D Or bringing in both, which to bring Silky back after only doing about 4 episodes, straight into the home stretch, is also a bit absurd. I kind of like the idea that she's had her moment now and effectively given herself a free pass to a future Allstars instead. But I guess Ru is saving both of them.

And I do think she genuinely won all of those lip syncs...the Jan one was questionable (and like anyone is clamouring for a Jan return, except for a curious desire to see her tortured, again), but Jan manages to be quite joyless to watch, yes she did all the moves, but it's all so po-faced and dull. She's such a rubbish drag queen really, it's like a theatre queen playing dress-up, minus any actual "drag". Silky pulled it back enough to justify the win there.

Reactions: dUb
Although...they could have made it seem less obvious how Silky was the chosen prop queen. I mean no one else had ANY, yet Silky had one for every damn sync? :eyes: This would be infuriating if they were using it to push someone that we simply must be convinced is a good finalist (say, I don't know, TRIXIE in AS3), but I feel less aggrieved by it because Silky felt hard done by this time around, and mostly for the fact I believe she could have won those lip syncs without any of the props. And the best, Barbie Girl, was solo, so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom