AS7 E09: Dance Like Drag Queen

KindaCool

Footsteps are following me
The 'branding'/commercial challenges are my least favorites. Most of them were boring. Jynkx didn't even have a dance.

Runway was awesome though.

The Designing Women scene :disco: Monet did do that very well.
I love the idea of including famous scenes in lip-syncs, but most queens would flop I think.

Ugh. I can never get bored of this scene. American camp 80s TV excellence

This was fucked :D I couldn’t be bothered to start the thread.

OBVIOUS Monet signalling, she was practically the narrator. And what a smart original idea that she had… given to her by RuPaul :D

None of the skits were very good, except Jinkx giving it a character, what she does… best

And that lip sync :D WTF is it an artistic decision this season to give us NO good lip syncs? The only time we got close was J*ssie J.

Some of the reveals were amazing, Jaida, Jinkx, I’m sure there were more(?)

Trinity and Shea going down the route of “just take pieces off your outfit” school of reveals. I do love the thrill of a reveal when one layer is tulle :D whatever could be under it?

Maybe Jinkx is going to get a 4th next week if it’s a roast? I can’t see Shea pulling through, unless Ru kindly suggests all her reads

It was a strange episode. I was open to the spoken word lip sync but I don’t think it translated… maybe if they did more it would feel more natural but I just missed the traditional lip sync.

I actually thought Shea won this challenge hands down with Jinkx, Trinity or Monet justified for second place.

Monet was fine but as mentioned above, given the idea and not as strongly executed as Shea.

The rest were varying shades of meh. The branding challenge is a difficult one to get right but none were actively bad.

Looking forward to a roast to propel us into the final stages now

Who DO we think will be Top 4? And then WIN?

Jynkx and Jada are basically secured? I feel like the other 2 will be Trinity cuz she's popular and Viv cuz she's the diversity hire.

And hopefully Jynkx to win.

Sad that they've run out of songs, but nice that they've tried something different. Spoken word lip syncs are a drag staple.

That Jinkx ONLY JUST brought Cool Mom is a sign of how much she has in her wheelhouse. I really don't need to hear LOOK OVER THERE again, as lovely as Jaida is.

The lip sync would have made a better mini challenge. Jinkx seemed uncharacteristically out of ideas for it.

Monet in no way was a challenge winner, but I really don't care as she double handedly saved that lip sync.

Raja did not even try and I couldn't help but see it as a tribute to Serena ChaCha if only she had fallen asleep making those 3 letters feel like the entire alphabet.

The guest judge... no.

Next week looks much more like it.

Oh dear that challenge was a complete miss. Most weren't funny and certainly had nothing viral about them. Jinkx was funny but that's about it.

This episode felt like two hours long. I didn’t really like the challenge but I thought Shea was the best one.

Runway wise I thought Jinkx and Trinity looked best. I loved Rajah’s but did you see her saggy ass? Jaida’s would have been nice if it hadn’t looked so cheap.

All in all I think this episode was probably the weakest so far. The forced laughs and ”jokes” in the begining (when they take off their wigs) are starting to get really boring.

I didn't bother to watch the ep - just the challenge winners and the runway. And, of course, the Pit Stop - the best Drag Race content bar none.

On that basis, it was one of the best episodes of the season.

Jinkx giving us runway, dahling. I can't.

Monet's bussy-popper was great; her runway less so.

Poor old Shea has really faded this season. She is so damn serious, and hasn't really given us a standout moment, despite many attempts to do something iconic.

Shae’s runways are her strongest suit. She’s the real fashion queen not Raja.

Raja is more off-the-wall. Sometimes it hits; sometimes it misses.

Shea is extremely polished, with a clear vision for her drag. But I am never excited to see what she brings to the runway.

Jaida and Raja are the two I probably most look forward to each week. And Viv has really turned it, especially considering that she originates from a franchise with a... questionable runway history.

What a fucking terrible idea for a challenge - at least next week’s looks like a hoot.

I honestly think Shea was a little bit robbed here. As someone who is wasting too much of what remains of their youth on TikTok, only hers and Monet’s felt like actual potential viral dance trends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom