ASFM: Bad Idea - The Results - TONIGHT 8PM

Rollo was such an obvious choice in the end. Who doesn't love Faithless, Felix and OT Quartet? (Perverts)

Well done @Hak and cheers @dmlaw

It’s been way too long since the last ASFM, come on moopy let’s get to it.
Lets Go Waiting GIF by NETFLIX

Well that'll teach me for entering something a bit different from my usual style - I love the song but it was probably too understated to make an impact in this sort of competition. Thanks @dmlaw for a great event!

Congratulations, @Hak!
And thank you @dmlaw for providing an initial burst of excitement with my front loaded scores before sending RebekkaMaria hurtling down next to Little Boots.
I like to think of them getting drunk together and reminiscing about how Moopy's tastes were better in 2008.

Nice to have had some relevance to the proceedings!

Well done @Hak omg what a phenomenal song that was thank you for gifting it us. Delighted to see that Maybe also wrote some songs for another former ASFM fave LEON.

Thank you for hosting a flawless competition @dmlaw

Can’t (can) believe my song did so badly but happy to maintain my streak at the bottom of the board with a diverse and interesting music taste that’s entirely at odds with Moopy

Although it was the superb lyrical build in 'Used to This' that first got me attracted to it, I must say it's the inconspicuously exquisite Middle 8 that makes me fall in love with it!

I-Wont-Shake.jpg

It’s an honour to be elected as the winner of ASFM: Bad Idea.

I’d like to thank the @Berly, my other supporters and the @dmlaw for organising one of the most efficiently run ASFMs in history. Thank you very much.

I’d also like to thank my family, my friends, my musical colleagues, and all of those who helped on this campaign. I’m incredibly grateful for all of your support.

I’d like to pay tribute to my fellow candidates, particularly @Funky with Tourist's 'Valentine'. It’s been a hard-fought campaign. Taking the good with the bad I think we have shown the depth and breadth of talent in our music knowledge.

And I also want to thank our outgoing winner, my friend @Pingu. Pingu, you got the Ultimate 100 ESC Songs countdown done. You crushed @ButterTart. You rolled out the hits, and you stood up to @Kala. You are admired from Divas & Moopy Icons to Moopy Moop.

Friends and forum members, thank you for putting your faith in me to lead our great community, the greatest forum for irrelevant chatter on Earth.

I know that our beliefs resonate with the screen junkies out there – our beliefs in freedom, in self-negligence, in the ability to impose our online persona, and you putting up with it, and I know that’s why internet drones found ASFM in such numbers in the dark times of lockdown. Cause we all love this society to bits, and as your musical leader, I intend to deliver what was promised those voters right across our great community.

During this forum contest, I barely campaigned – but now I will strut like a peacock on stilts. Man I'm on a high.

My friends, maybe we need to show that we will deliver over the next two years. I will deliver a bold plan to cut lead times and grow our ever expanding pool of premature threads. I will deliver on the anticipatory topics, make space for people’s obsessive rants, but also dealing with the long running issues we have on ASFM timetable compliance. And I will deliver on the Survivors I've launched.

But we all will deliver for our community, and I will make sure that we use all the fantastic talents of the Moopy Forum, our brilliant Administrators, our peers, our fantastic Moderators, our founders, our ASFM hosts, all of our bots and activists and members right across our community.

Because, my friends, I know that we will deliver, we will deliver, we will deliver. And we will deliver a great victory for the Moopy Forum in 2024.

Thank you.

I-Wont-Shake.jpg

It’s an honour to be elected as the winner of ASFM: Bad Idea.

I’d like to thank the @Berly, my other supporters and the @dmlaw for organising one of the most efficiently run ASFMs in history. Thank you very much.

I’d also like to thank my family, my friends, my musical colleagues, and all of those who helped on this campaign. I’m incredibly grateful for all of your support.

I’d like to pay tribute to my fellow candidates, particularly @Funky with Tourist's 'Valentine'. It’s been a hard-fought campaign. Taking the good with the bad I think we have shown the depth and breadth of talent in our music knowledge.

And I also want to thank our outgoing winner, my friend @Pingu. Pingu, you got the Ultimate 100 ESC Songs countdown done. You crushed @ButterTart. You rolled out the hits, and you stood up to @Kala. You are admired from Divas & Moopy Icons to Moopy Moop.

Friends and forum members, thank you for putting your faith in me to lead our great community, the greatest forum for irrelevant chatter on Earth.

I know that our beliefs resonate with the screen junkies out there – our beliefs in freedom, in self-negligence, in the ability to impose our online persona, and you putting up with it, and I know that’s why internet drones found ASFM in such numbers in the dark times of lockdown. Cause we all love this society to bits, and as your musical leader, I intend to deliver what was promised those voters right across our great community.

During this forum contest, I barely campaigned – but now I will strut like a peacock on stilts. Man I'm on a high.

My friends, maybe we need to show that we will deliver over the next two years. I will deliver a bold plan to cut lead times and grow our ever expanding pool of premature threads. I will deliver on the anticipatory topics, make space for people’s obsessive rants, but also dealing with the long running issues we have on ASFM timetable compliance. And I will deliver on the Survivors I've launched.

But we all will deliver for our community, and I will make sure that we use all the fantastic talents of the Moopy Forum, our brilliant Administrators, our peers, our fantastic Moderators, our founders, our ASFM hosts, all of our bots and activists and members right across our community.

Because, my friends, I know that we will deliver, we will deliver, we will deliver. And we will deliver a great victory for the Moopy Forum in 2024.

Thank you.
Which prompt did you use for this

The song @Funky entered literally shook me to my core. Tourist are amazing anyway but I'd argue that song is their masterpiece.

Next time I will be STRATEGIC and enter something that COULD win rather than something I just think is kinda cool as a throw-it-to-the-wall attempt. Congrats for the winner!

FINAL LEADERBOARD

8 Mirella - Timanttei: Kala 124
Since no one asked, I read yesterday that the riff of this song is hundreds of years old and was a ring tone in Nokia cellphones (”Sky Diver”) and also featured in songs by many popular artists such as The Beatles (”Sheik of Araby”) and Kesha (”Take it off”). :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom