ASFM: dmlawdifestivalen: Forgotten Hits - VOTING NOT OPEN

dmlaw

Democracy doesn't work
SO. Those are your 41 competitors and aren't they a good looking lot. Of course, there can only be one winner and now it's time to get voting. Please PM your points on the following scale:-

There will be a 117 point penalty for non voters and also a bird will poo on their head. Votes must be in by 23.59 British Clock Time on Wednesday 5 May 2021.

1. Dracula Parrot (Gabriella Cilmi - On A Mission)
2. Merganser (Real McCoy - One More Time)
3. Shoebill (Alisha's Attic - Indestructible)
4. Dodo (Khaled - Didi)
5. Long Wattled Umbrellabird (Styx - Mr Roboto)
6. Eurasian Reed Warbler (Saint Etienne - Avenue)
7. The Why Bird (Monica Naranjo - Desatame)
8. Crane (David Sylvian & Ryuchi Sakamoto (Forbidden Colours)
9. Articuno (Delta Goodrem - Sitting On Top Of The World)
10. DANNIIGOOSE (Bis - Eurodisco)
11. Salacious B. Crumb (Susan Fassbender - Twilight Cafe)
12. Horned Screamer (M-22 feat. Medina - First Time)
13. Euphoria (The Party - In My Dreams)
14. Lilac Breasted Roller (Kym Mazelle - Was That All It Was)
15. Harpy (Missy Higgins - The Special Two)
16. Alpine Chough (Leftfield feat. Roots Manuva - Dusted)
17. Chanel Chanellington (Mish Mash - Speechless)
18. Jackie Bird (Billie Piper - Day and Night)
19. Rainbow Lorikeet (Kiki Dee - Star)
20. Superd Bird of Paradise (E-Type - I Just Wanna Be With You)
21. Flamin' Galah (Juliet Roberts - Caught in the Middle)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Penduline Tit(Peter Schilling - Major Tom (Vollig Losgelost))
2. Loon (Lena Fiagbe - Gotta Get It Right)
3. Flamingoes (David Bowie - Hello Spaceboy)
4. Alex, the African Grey Parrot (Bardot - I Need Somebody)
5. Cool Crow (Tracey Ullman - Sunglasses)
6. Rufous-bellied Thrush (Ich + Ich - Vom Selben Stern)
7. Northern Lapwing (Dubstar - Stars)
8. Sweet Dee (Wes - Alane)
9. Our United Kingdom (Royal British Legion - 2 Minutes Silence)
10. Crowned Crane (Lush - Single Girl)
11. Cock-of-the-rock (M2M - Don't Say You Love Me)
12. Jamaican Swallow Tailed Hummingbird (Desireless - Voyage Voyage)
13. A Vicious Gull (PJ Harvey - The Wind)
14. Amazonian Royal Flycatcher (Sybil - When I'm Good and Ready)
15. Southern Rockhopper Penguin (Nine Inch Nails - Sin)
16. Psyduck (Jain - Makeba)
17. The Godpigeon (Kim Carnes - Crazy In The Night (Barking At Airplanes))
18. Magnificent Frigatebird (Scarlet - Independent Love Song)
19. Tweety Bird (Lili & Susie - Oh Mama)
20. Raven (Siouxsie and the Banshees - Face to Face)

Oh, by the way, we're having a second choice gala on Friday 9 May at 8pm. Please PM me up to three songs that you wanted to enter but that didn't quite make the cut ranked in order of preference. I can't guarantee that all submissions will make the cut, but everyone who sends some songs will get at least one entry on the playlist. Maybe you decided something was just too well known. Maybe it wasn't on Spotify. Maybe it only reached number 41. Maybe you like it but suspected that no-one else would. This is your chance at last. Please note that the second choice gala is optional, so you don't have to take part if you don't want to. It'll be a lot of fun though.

Semi Final 1 playlist

Semi Final 2 playlist

Blocked songs playlist

Full recap

Semi final 1 Spotify

Semi Final 2 Spotify

Last edited:
Up to 20 points? :shock:
I'd forgotten how long it has been since you've played! All of the recent ASFMs have had more points given out because there was so much complaining about not being able to vote for favourite songs.

I kinda wish I’d entered my second choice as my first choice having now seen what some of yall class as forgotten but there we go, entered!

I kinda wish I’d entered my second choice as my first choice having now seen what some of yall class as forgotten but there we go, entered!

Oh my God, same. I was over cautious!

After my initial rank, it's very much skewed in favour of Semi 1 (10 vs 4) which is odd as I felt like I enjoyed Semi 2 more.

Honestly seeing my song as part of the recap, it shines along with my bird. I am proud of it and all the haters can go kick rocks.

Recaps have been corrected to include our entry from the Pokémon: the first movie soundtrack and an incorrect application of Jackie Bird

I knew I was gonna like quite a few songs here, way more than in your regular ASFM.

@dmlaw the second choices thing is happening before or after the song reveal? (who sent what)

I knew I was gonna like quite a few songs here, way more than in your regular ASFM.

@dmlaw the second choices thing is happening before or after the song reveal? (who sent what)
After. Voting closes on the Wednesday, the song reveal is on the Thursday and then the second choice gala is on the Friday.

News: Six votes are in. One point separates the top 2 songs. Neither of the top two songs have received a 20.

Voted!! I was thinking about giving it a few more days but i already knew 12 of the 14 songs i gave points to (mostly ten out of tens!) so really a few more days wasn't really going to change things.

Moopy did good this round! :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom