ASFM Worldvision: CLOSED. Exposed entries gala TONIGHT 7pm

ButterTart

Succulent Chinese meal
So here we are :disco:

44 songs from 44 countries (Spain, India and Finland all too busy being unbelievably hard), all that’s left to do now if vote for the ones you hated least.

A quick nod to the Statute of Unwritten Rules, if I may:
  • You must not allocate any points to your own entry
  • You must not reveal who you voted for
  • You must not reveal which entry was yours
To vote, just DM me with who you’re allocating the following points to:

Please use the formatting from the song list below (Country, artist, song title) because it’s a right arse-ache having to format them for use in the results thread otherwise.

You also each have a traveller’s cheque worth 30 points. You may distribute these points however you wish across any of the songs, including ones you’ve already voted for. Please keep these separate from your main points and don’t add them together. They'll be revealed separately on results night for drama purposes.

Full list of songs, YouTube videos, recap video and Spotify link all below, and please have a butchers at the thread for the Worldvision: The Other Countries playlist (coming soon). Your input urgently* required.

*Not urgently, as I have a shitload of songs ready to go. I just wanted to give you the illusion of being valued.

(Azerbaijan, Tunisia and Kazakhstan aren't on here but can be found on Slider.kz
You’ll need to search for Kazakhstan using funny foreign letters: Гаухартас - Казагым-ай)​

Last edited:
United Kingdom - Kelli-Leigh - Do You Wanna Be Loved Like This?
Israel - Shiri Maimon - Tipa
Chile - Francisco Victoria - Marinos
Portugal - Ana Malhoa - Ampulheta
Belgium - Natacha Atlas - One Brief Moment
Slovenia – Maraaya - Living Again
Italy – Milva - Thalassa
Trinidad & Tobago - Nessa Preppy - Tingo
France - Pas Sages - Surf Sur Le Périph
Georgia - Katie Melua - The Flood
Iceland – Bloodgroup - Hips Again
Tunisia – Latifa - Maktoobli (My Destiny)
Canada – Baths - Adam Copies
Sweden - The Dark Element - Songs the Night Sings
South Korea - Brown Eyed Girls - Abracadabra
Armenia – Deradoorian - It Was Me
Kenya – Dela - Third Party Lover
Brazil – Xuxa - She-Ra
Greece - Michalis Hatzigiannis - Etsi Se Thelo
Indonesia - Weird Genius (feat. Sara Fajira) - LATHI
Senegal - Fakeba - Balna Lene
The Netherlands - Anita Meyer - Why Tell Me Why
Turkey - Gülşen & Edis - Nirvana
Cuba - Gloria Estefan - Hotel Nacional
Nigeria - Yemi Alade - Tumbum
Colombia - Tei Shi - Say You Do
Romania – Antonia - Como ¡Ay!
Austria - Mind.in.a.box - Synchronize
Azerbaijan – Mehriban - Ay Balam
Estonia – Maarja - Tagareas
Belarus - Molchat Doma - Discotheque
United States of America - Shuba Vedula - Gimme Gimme
Panama - Joako Fábrega - DILE
Albania - Adelina Ismajli - Shko Në R, S
Japan – Wink - Turn It Into Love
Ireland - Just Mustard - Frank
Denmark – Medina - Boring
Lebanon - Madeleine Matar - Tamen Albak
Cameroon – Vagabon - Water Me Down
Australia – Pnau - Go Bang
Iran - Kourosh Yaghmaei - Saraabe Toe (Your Mirage)
Serbia - Marina Viskovic - Ljubi Me Tu
Kazakhstan – Gauhartas - Kazagym Aj
Norway - Trio Mediaeval - Rolandskavet

You also each have a traveller’s cheque worth 30 points. You may distribute these points however you wish across any of the songs, including ones you’ve already voted for. Please keep these separate from your main points and don’t add them together. They'll be revealed separately on results night for drama purposes.

Oh my :disco: Do we save these 30 for our most favourite as a sneak 30 point surprise? Do we use it to double our favourites' scores? Do we distribute it to the poor folks left out of our main scoring? The possibilities! I can't wait for this to fuck up whatever leaderboard we get after the main results are revealed.

Oh for some reason I thought you'd managed some wonderful wizardry that added the non Spotify songs to the playlist. Because they're all showing but greyed out. Is that where slider comes in? Can you somehow add them via that?

Oh for some reason I thought you'd managed some wonderful wizardry that added the non Spotify songs to the playlist. Because they're all showing but greyed out. Is that where slider comes in? Can you somehow add them via that?
Yeah, if you've got the files somehow on your computer - and I'm sure there's a torrent of information on sites like Slider about how that could be achieved - Spotify has an option that lets you add local files.

Well I've gone through the recap. What an insanely strong group of songs! Many highlights I need to go back and watch in full. Scoring is going to be tough.

My song went down pretty fucking well on balance.

Well I've gone through the recap. What an insanely strong group of songs! Many highlights I need to go back and watch in full. Scoring is going to be tough.

My song went down pretty fucking well on balance.
I honestly can’t predict a winner. I think there are a good few in contention and plenty of scope for a total curveball.

@ButterTart Can you reveal how many people (if any) chose a hard country?

There is some absolute horrors in the list that i'm glad i avoided but i think overall most people did a fanastic job of finding something .. normally i can cull a good third instantly in these things but i don't think i can be so harsh this round.

@ButterTart Can you reveal how many people (if any) chose a hard country?

There is some absolute horrors in the list that i'm glad i avoided but i think overall most people did a fanastic job of finding something .. normally i can cull a good third instantly in these things but i don't think i can be so harsh this round.
Oh bugger, I knew I should have kept some sort of stats and not just deleted that spreadsheet to make room for the semis :D

Unless I’m missing one, I think there are thirteen hard choices on the list.

30 points in cash! Should I be strategic and spend it on the bottoms (but what if everyone else does too?) or should I be nice and generous and pour it all on my favourite?

Am going through all the songs now while painting some ridiculously cheap garden furniture that eventually arrived. I'm pretty confident about my top15 but am troubled on the best way to handle the 30 points bonus.

I think there are about 7 songs I don’t mind (this does not include my own which i don’t even like that much). Hoping more will be growers.

Fan of the hot guy in the Lebanon video though

There's a fair few I can see myself giving points to, but nothing's leaping out to grab my top score yet.

Whoever chose Antonia for Romania I want to spend more time with you from now on. Although I do think she has more Mopsy friendly bops.

Last edited:
I'm anticipating a DELUGE of votes over the next couple of days.

If you're having trouble making your mind up, or you're just looking for a bit of companionship on these cold Summer nights, why not join the semi 1 and 2 rewatch on Sunday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom