Ashes to Ashes vs. Kingdom Come

Which one?

• Total voters

D5K

Here to stay
Maybe it's not fair to vote on this while one of them's "live", but which of Anna's comeback songs do you prefer?

Ashes to Ashes

Kingdom Come

The Kingdom Come performance and choreo is great, but I just prefer Ashes to Ashes as a song.

Love both, but I'm never not going to be biased towards Ashes To Ashes. It's much the better song.

I find this SO TOUGH. The final minute of Ashes To Ashes is just :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: probably up there with the last minute of TA MIG one of my favourite EVER minutes on the MF stage.

But the package for Kingdom Come is just so perfectly done. The camerawork is AMAZING, every single shot perfectly considered. The dancers absolutely enhance the performance, right down to how they are dressed. Anna really sells it, and her faintly EROTIC touching of the microphone stand adds a vague element of sex. The whole thing is quite FASHION in parts, which I really never thought I'd say about ANNA BERGHENDAHL :D

I REALLY CANNOT DECIDE

Both are excellent, but Ashes To Ashes just edges it.

I think Kingdom Come is a much better song for Eurovision, even if Ashes to Ashes might have a touch more substance, if that makes sense.

This may sound a tad WANKY, but for me both performances really sell the fantasy they are trying to offer for their 3 minutes on stage. Whoever is behind true staging (assuming it’s the same person for both?) is a GENIUS.

Both these performances clearly had a lot more time and love spent on them than others in 2019/2020 (hello SUZI Q!). Why is that? Is that production playing favourites with Anna, or does she just have MORE MONEY!

Something like Kingdom Come clearly had much more rehearsal time than most of the other songs this year for example, it doesn’t just HAPPEN!

The gay conspiracy theory is that Christer Björkman is really gunning for Anna to win again because she's his one 'failure' and he's obsessed with repairing the narrative around her. :D

But ultimately WHO KNOWS? I'm not sure how much record label backing she has given she was all set to just become a doctor prior to Ashes to Ashes doing so well.

I thought she was a doctor?!

shattering my dreams @VoR

I'm not sure exactly. I thought she'd spent her time out of the spotlight training to be a doctor, but I didn't think she was actually practicing yet? I could be wrong? I got the sense that Ashes to Ashes was sort of her last roll of the dice before she moved on with her life.

:(

I was all for This Is My Life playing the waiting room at Dr Anna’s GP office as I waited on the results of whether I had contracted coronavirus

It’s My Heart Is Refusing Me vs Euphoria again. The first was the best but the second I can see doing better.

Kingdom Come is great and has those very energetic boys but Ashes to Ashes is the better song. Lyrically it is much more interesting, the production is amazing and it really hits the emotional mark.

The Kingdom Come performance is fantastic, but I'm a bit worried about how it would translate to the Eurovision stage. You'd need at least one female backing vocalist too so that would four dancers at the most, which would lessen the impact.

Oh and at the risk of sounding the Madison klaxon, the lyrics of Kingdom Come are gibberish.

Both these performances clearly had a lot more time and love spent on them than others in 2019/2020 (hello SUZI Q!). Why is that? Is that production playing favourites with Anna, or does she just have MORE MONEY!

Something like Kingdom Come clearly had much more rehearsal time than most of the other songs this year for example, it doesn’t just HAPPEN!

It'll be the latter. SVT assigns all 28 entries a budget, and pays for their costs up until that same certain point. Anyone wanting a production/staging/anything going beyond that budget, has to pay for it themselves.

The gay conspiracy theory is that Christer Björkman is really gunning for Anna to win again because she's his one 'failure' and he's obsessed with repairing the narrative around her. :D

If this does end up happening, I want a Ryan Murphy-style series based on this very plot.

Kingdom Come the typical case of somebody having a successful Melfest entry one year and then being brought back the next year with the logic "let's do the same again but make it ARENA."

I was so excited about the 60 second clip, but sadly it very quickly transpired that that was the song in its entirety. I still like it, it just isn't what it COULD be. The staging is way better and it does stand out in the final, but Ashes To Ashes is just a better, much more organic song.

As a song I prefer Anna's ash over her queendom but as an overal package Kingdom Come wins by a Swedish mile.

No one's denying :disco:Sovjet anthem feat. naked men in kilt:disco: is more interesting than logs and bushes.

Can't wait for the her Melfest 2030 dust off. I'm hoping for Anna feat. desert tumbleweed.

Well they're both great songs from the same album which ironically became a bit of a stick to beat him with because everytime he released a new one the press was always 'This is the best one since 'Scary Monsters'... That being said - you can't really beat "Ashes to Ashes", and of course that iconic video and "Space Oddity" reference were the cherries on top.

Oh WAIT....

Last edited:
Reactions: D5K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom