Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This song seems to be getting a PROPER REVIVAL thanks to Ava Max, and social media.
Whilst it seems Ava helped FAN THE FLAMES - the focus seems to be increasingly shifting to the original now.

What do we THINK?

The original ATC version:

The LESS GOOD UK remix:

A joyful "live" version (oh to be in this AUDIENCE :D )

...and the BIGGEST GAG OF ALL, this song was originally a Russian dance hit that ATC just wholesale STOLE and wrote a new song on top of! :D
The original original:

It now feels a MUCH BIGGER HIT in the UK than it actually was. Their record label really fumbled the bag with their FLOP RELEASE STRATEGY for the song (twice?)

I’ve been working at a summer camp, and all the kids know this and play it

From memory I think it was really delayed? Like it was pre the huge internet times but it seemed like it had been out everywhere else for a year or two before they finally bothered in the UK and any hype was gone?

As I recall, some gay record exec sank a FORTUNE into this, convinced it was a massive UK #1 waiting to happen. Hence the two UK releases.

10/10

One of them was a kiwi I think. Quite DIVERSE at the time.
1625433941126.png

so diverse!

While this is absolutely an OMG/10™ moment Why Oh Why and album track So Magical are my favorite ATC songs. :)

I always thought the inevitable rip off follow up single was quite SHIT, and not even in a fabulous way. It's just not very melodic.
They could have done a MUCH better job if they were going to rewrite it IMO!

Anyway, the song is bippity boppity boo brilliance. Would have been a perfect "surprise bitches!" moment from Whigfield if only she hadn't lost Ann Lee's landline number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom