Australia 2021: Montaigne - Technicolour

It must be a quite shitty position to be in, particularly this week with all the rehearsal videos etc coming in from Rotterdam.

Oh that's a bit heartbreaking. She seems lovely.

Surely she'll be invited to perform on the Eurovision stage next year as a semifinal interval act or something

I still can't abide TECHNI TECHNI COLOUR

Not Listening La La GIF by ABC Network

It's rotten and I feel for her, but I do think she's been saved the blushes of being Australia's first non-qualifer. I mean, she still won't qualify surely, but at least there's a reason that can be used now.

I know there are supposed plans for next year, but it would be funny if she's invited back for a third time after this

It's rotten and I feel for her, but I do think she's been saved the blushes of being Australia's first non-qualifer. I mean, she still won't qualify surely, but at least there's a reason that can be used now.

I know there are supposed plans for next year, but it would be funny if she's invited back for a third time after this
She tweeted that she wasn’t going to bother for a third year in a row which means DAMI :disco:

But with DAME DAMI who can complain :disco:

(probably everyone when the song inevitably isn't Sound of Silence 2)

What if it was the Veronicas :disco: Something like In My Blood

If anything I thought Sound of Silence as a song was slightly beneath her! I think she can top it

If not her then Vanessa Amorosi with something akin to her 2020 entry please :disco:

trying to come up with something nice to say about her song after seeing her crying

I do feel for her, but the :rolleyes: of her posting a TikTok of herself crying

TechniTechnicolour is sort of just into my category of “Fun racket”, although it doesn’t compare to that Attention song from 2014.

I know the narrative is that she’s doomed but I think it had an alright shot at qualifying.

just the song collapsed under any kind of scrutiny (as does she after that clip)

what is the song about?? Something about making her way in the world and making her mother proud, but then the weird bridge “TIME TO TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES”, into that chorus that doesn’t connect with anything! If we stand together, we can do whatever.

I mean ok it rhymes but what is this song?

what is the song about?? Something about making her way in the world and making her mother proud, but then the weird bridge “TIME TO TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES”, into that chorus that doesn’t connect with anything! If we stand together, we can do whatever.

I mean ok it rhymes but what is this song?

For whatever reason I've nearly burst out laughing at this post about 6 times in the last couple of days.

The fact she goes up and down the off-key vocal scale with no one to tell her otherwise is enough to make this the real comedy entry of 2021, but then factor in the poltergeist-in-a-kitchen uncoordinated production, absurd transitions and now this lyrical analysis...I can't take it with this song

Actually upset we're missing this treat on the live stage now

Once when I was about 7 or 8 I was at an amusement park, and I was waiting with a bunch of other kids for the chain swing ride. I was at the end of the line. It felt like we were waiting forever, and when the previous bunch of kids had finished their go, the attendant opened the gate to let us in - it was finally our turn.

Except there were only enough spots on the ride for everyone in line in front of me. The attendant unceremoniously closed the gate in my face, and I stood alone as I watched all my peers have an amazing time on the ride. They were having so much fun.

The ride ended and all the other kids moved on to the next ride. I had waited so long, that I thought I might as well take my turn, and I sat alone on the chain swing, not a soul on any of the other swings, stone faced, swinging around and around and trying to make the best of it when I really just wanted to cry

Poor Montaigne patiently waited her turn and now she has to watch everyone on the Eurovision chain swing have fun without her. As someone who can clearly relate, I feel for her

hate the song though

I do feel bad for snarking about Montaigne. This whole experience feels set up for maximum cruelty for her :(

Yeah I feel awful for her on many levels, although the song itself is fair game.

More importantly, @Marilyn for moopy Cunning Linguists please!

Montaigne stated that the song "makes you want to cry, makes you want to dance, makes you want to take on a malignant corporate power".

Montaigne stated that the song "makes you want to cry, makes you want to dance, makes you want to take on a malignant corporate power".

i guess not the EBU

btw not intending to deluge her with criticism, but I had thought that the song didn’t really mean anything coherent, so I was pleased when she went on Looklabs to be asked what it was about. She said “every time I’ve been asked that I’ve had a different answer” :eyes: does she know?

Google is insisting she’s singing “Time to take off your cloaks” ?!

I feel like that makes LESS sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom