Ava Max - My Head & My Heart

I kind of love that. And I can see it being a hit weirdly. All Around The World is big on Tik Tok and radio seems to love her lately

I love that and hadn't really investigated the album at all so far.

I'm happy someone is making fun throwaway 3 minute pop still. Its knowing trash which I'm happy to eat up and regurgitate in a few months, ready for a new slice of tasty instant hot tosh.

Head and Heart seems to finally be gaining some traction.

Entered at #93 in Australia and is on the rise on all platforms, has now made the UK top 100 and is up to #77 on Apple music. Also added to over 30 US stations this week despite not going for adds for another month.

Nothing amazing but will be interesting to see if it can pull at least a little bit of a K&Q and actually turn into a bit of a hit?

So this is #40 on Apple music, top 20 on iTunes and #61 in midweeks.

If they gave it a Spotify push she could just get another hit.

it's also apparently getting decent adds at American radio. looks like it's shaping up to her next random smasha :disco: very deserving. I'm eating it up atm.

It really is. Once that chorus beat kicks in it's all :disco: and then to follow with the sample is just fantastic :disco:

"My Head & My Heart" is already gaining quite nicely at pop radio. I'm sensing a pop smasha come April.

49 39 AVA MAX My Head & My Heart 742 234 508 2.707

+109 Spins
+75 Bullet
+0.424 Audience

LA LA LA LA LA LA
LA LA LA LA LA LA :disco:

Top 40 is good, three weeks before official adds date. Didn't 'So Am I' miss the top 40 on pop? If so, this is her first time to get two in a row?

Top 40 is good, three weeks before official adds date. Didn't 'So Am I' miss the top 40 on pop? If so, this is her first time to get two in a row?
Yes pretty sure "So Am I" never made the top 40. Usually her singles take much longer to debut top 40, if they ever do. I think "Kings & Queens" finally gave her some much needed momentum here. The fact that it's already getting 100+ gains daily is a great sign!

Reactions: RJN
Leaves the Radio Two playlist but is now added to Capital's playlist. Up to #37 on Apple Music and was #59 in the official chart last week. I imagine if they drop a video and give a little Spotify push in the next fortnight we could be looking at another top 40 hit.

Also flying up the US airwaves (now #29 on pop radio).

It's weird how she just can't seem to catch a break on Spotify, aside from Sweet But Psycho which was massive on that format.

What gives? It's not like it's a huge outlier in her back catalogue.

It’s odd as she does great on Apple Music. I guess she just doesn’t capture the youth interest which Spotify skews towards?

Up to 35 in the UK this week. Surprisingly, only her fourth top 40... so far.

33m streams and gaining, and just hit top 20 on US pop radio. she's comin' :disco:

Reactions: RJN
On Hot Hits on Spotify now. Here’s to another low top 20 long running hit :disco:

She's flung up Spotify now to #113 which isn't bad. If it can continue to get traction it can be a nice top 20. I'd say top 40 in the US is likely too if it keeps gaining on airplay.

literally beyond thrilled about the TASTE levels on display for once :disco:

not sure we're getting a video but here's a performance video with Bimini from Drag Race

Reactions: COB
It seems weird that they wouldn't do a proper video given how well it's doing, but the Bimini version will do for now - nice exposure for her!

This has grown on me massively but there are so many great songs on the album worth chucking out instead. I know saying something is "generic" and "reductive" is a bit :basil: when it comes to Ava Max, but I'd rather she gave us dated, rusty old hooks then some of the more anemic crap she occasionally leans into.

We don't need her being current - just stick to being a tribute act

Delighted she's scoring a hit again though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom