Ava Max - My Head & My Heart

I'm very confused by all this. Okay it doesn't have a huge chorus, but the 'My Head...and my heart...are torturing me...' bit onwards is still a decent chorus, followed by the sample as a post chorus.

It's pure gay pop, it's nothing like the shit Ariana has been peddling the last three years.

I reckon the video will help (even just with curious Youtube views) - given how it is climbing everywhere on streaming as well, it may fling it into a bunch of top 20/40's :disco:

I see no reason why she can't push for a UK top 10 and Hot 100 top 30 with this. it feels like it will do really well with how it's growing.

suddenly the Maxipad is me... again.

How is there ANY confusion or ambiguity about the chorus in this?

In what way are the hooks NOT dated and rusty?

This is exactly what Ava Max does best!

I don't find it dated. everything's coming back around. it's HOT!

How is there ANY confusion or ambiguity about the chorus in this?

In what way are the hooks NOT dated and rusty?

This is exactly what Ava Max does best!

Okay maybe my interpretation was somewhat OFF :D But I do think the chorus is a bit "meh" with the repeated sample.

However I am coming around to this now - I think I just prefer at least 10 other tracks of hers. Sitting on "Born To The Night" is a crime! But in comparison to a lot of stuff doing well these days, I'll take it, 100%.

And absolutely delighted she's doing well again. I find her career quite exciting in the sense that every time she puts a song out there's literally no indication of whether it'll be a hit, ignored altogether, or spend 6 months in the chart!

Spotify update

54 UK (#18 in the mids)
63 global
183 US

Just passed 50m streams.

Reactions: RJN
Up 14 to #45 on the Hot 100.

And new peak of #41 on UK Spotify. And it is currently #19 on the official chart. Fair to say this is another proper hit for her.

I mean I know dated euro handbag pop is her thing, but apart from 2 songs, this whole album sounds like one long song. The chords all sound identical all the way through. By the end of it, I had a headache.

The title song is great though. A solid pop song with a great choice of sample.
"Till I cut the strings on your tiny violin" is such a good lyric.

And now 18, out peaking Kings and Queens. New peak of #37on Spotify too. Looks like another long running hit.

Stalling a bit elsewhere like the US but it has good peaks overall and decent longevity so another hit for her overall :disco:

she's been in the studio with Charli XCX :o

apparently it might be for Charli's project rather than her own. quite PERCHED!

After five weeks hanging between 18 and 19 it’s up to a new peak on Spotify and up to #15 in the first midweek flashes. Another long runner for our Queen :disco:

OMG! I thought it was over. so pleased if this BANGER can push top 15.

If she blows up, I'll stan her harder than Gaga.

Is there any talk of a new album?

Fell back again. But first single to ever have four weeks in a row at #19. She loves the lower part of the top twenty.

Do you ever feel like a misfit
Well baby
So am I so am I so am I so am ahahahahahah

Personally I think this was her zenith. Come through Gaga clone.

I'd have been OBSESSED by this album chart run if it was 2001.

Sadly in 2021 it doesn't signify much other than she's consistently had a modestly popular single in the charts.

2-15-36-44-48-65-80-90-93-86-82-74-67-68-66-69-72-74-70-72-75-75-78-78-75-69-68

QUEEN of charting between 65 and 79 every week for nigh on six months!

Obscenely this reached a new peak on Spotify on Friday and then again on Saturday as it rises to #23 thanks to a lack of new releases around. #15 in first midweek flashes again too, Ava coming for that 7th week at #19 :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom