Avril Lavigne - Love Sux

Too much TESTOSTERONE on this album but "All I Wanted" at least has a slammin chorus to back it up.

08 Cannonball
09 Bois Lie
08 Bite Me
07 Love it When You Hate Me
?? Love Sux
07 Kiss Me Like the World is Ending
09 Avalanche
08 Deja Vu
08 All I Wanted

really like how even this ballad moment is more of a mellow punk-pop track with some lovely strings than a big pop song like When You're Gone.

Reactions: RJN
really like how even this ballad moment is more of a mellow punk-pop track with some lovely strings than a big pop song like When You're Gone.
I do like that this album is cohesive. She really went all out on the pop punk theme, which is good for her personal brand and on trend

the nerve of ending on this two minute SKETCH of a song :D i'm very into how the album is bookended with high energy intro/outro moments. princess of symmetry!

08 Cannonball
09 Bois Lie
08 Bite Me
?? Love Sux
09 Avalanche
08 Deja Vu
08 All I Wanted
08 Dare to Love Me

I can see it being a grower, love power ballad Avril

the nerve of ending on this two minute SKETCH of a song :D i'm very into how the album is bookended with high energy intro/outro moments. princess of symmetry!
Motherfucking princess of symmetry is her title :oi: DONT get it wrong

08 Cannonball
09 Bois Lie
08 Bite Me
?? Love Sux
09 Avalanche
08 Deja Vu
08 All I Wanted
08 Dare to Love Me
07 Break of a Heartache

I will need repeat listens to assess fully, and reveal potential 10/10s but not bad!

08 Cannonball
10 Bois Lie
09 Bite Me
08.5 Love It When You Hate Me
09 Love Sux
08 Kiss Me Like the World is Ending
10 Avalanche
09 Deja Vu
07 F.U.
08.5 All I Wanted
08 Dare to Love Me
07.5 Break of a Heartache

8.5. feels fair. I wish it had a couple more massive highs but I think Avalanche is one to STAN.

thanks for joining girls. now I'm on When You're Gone :D

Thanks @Jark!

1. Avalanche
2. Love it when you hate me
3. All I wanted
4. Deja vu

Projected to open at #10 in the US with 23k SPS (14k pure sales)

GIF by Avril Lavigne

that's terrible! she's looking at 11k at #4 UK, give or take

With the way the charts are made these days (like how sales and streaming are weighted) I think they’re pretty much equally impressive results

Not awful for the UK, though? How does it compare with her last few albums?

she made #3 with 13.6k. it's actually a great result. HAW was #10 with 5.7k and self titled #14 with 9k.

I say that I'm ALRIGHT
but I don't FEEL ALRIGHT on the INSIDE!

god this album is giving me extreme life. I shared deja vu in my work chat and the huns (straights) were agreed that it went hard :disco:

she made #3 with 13.6k. it's actually a great result. HAW was #10 with 5.7k and self titled #14 with 9k.

I am quite shocked she managed a #3 in the UK I thought she'd be struggling to get top 10 but when you think about it she's such a fanbase act so its not surprising. I imagine out of the top 20 next week unless word of mouth..

@POP! we need to do Head Above Water soon. I had a moment to several songs at the weekend. Birdie actually slaps.

guys, is this the 31st best album of all time already or WHAT! (madame @Suedey to confirm, s'il vous plaît!)

I already rated in the syncette but I think I can manage a RANK! HA! SAY!

01 Avalanche :disco: :disco: :disco:
02 Bois Lie
03 Déjà Vu
04 Love Sux
05 Kiss Me Like the World is Ending
06 All I Wanted
08 Bite Me
09 Break of a Heartache
10 Dare to Love Me
11 FU
12 Cannonball

it's exactly the record I need in my life at this moment in time. and I feel very fucking PROUD of her for still being here, doing her thing, revisiting her roots, having fun and living her best life, AND tapping into the current musical landscape while still making music that feels very authentically HER! she is a gift from the pop gods, truly.

when in DOUBT
I'll take a picture of US
and CUT YOU OUT!

I mean... :disco:

she's done a Spotify singles with a live Love Sux (very jangly and more mellow) and an absolutely fantastic take on Adele's Hello

:disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom