Awards Season 2021

Oh, I predicted Nomadland for Adapted Screenplay but WANTED The Father. I really should go with my own taste and instinct for predictions more often.

I wonder if it will continue at this pace, like I don’t mind it but it needs some oomf that a presenter usually adds especially with how intimate it is.

I know this will be Another Round but I so want it to be Quo Vidas, Aida?

Oh I guess the minor nominees are in the outside patio

This is the first year ever I’ve seen ALL of the films including shorts and documentaries.

I've seen fuck all! I don't even have the excuse of covid because half the movies are on streaming this year.

I watched and really enjoyed Chicago 7. Problem is that most of the other big movies have such heavy subject matter, moreso than usual. Alzheimers, deafness, abject racism... I'm just not in the mood.

I do want to watch Black Bottom though. I think I'll do that next. Or if Sound Of Metal causes some upsets it might give me the incentive to watch that.

So apparently the songs were performed on the roof during some kind of pre-show which was not advertised AT ALL. I was taking a nap at that point so I could stay up for the main show.

So apparently the songs were performed on the roof during some kind of pre-show which was not advertised AT ALL. I was taking a nap at that point so I could stay up for the main show.

The entire pre show is on YouTube now if you want to fast forward to the songs. Assuming they were part of that.

I did mention it this morning however they were all rather dull songs.

I think they’re preparing her for a nomination next year or at least promoting her film which was a big hit in Sundance (?) a few months ago.

Wasn’t a massive fan of My Octopus Teacher at all. The Mole Agent was the only uplifting documentary feature this year for me that didn’t make me want to either roll my eyes or harm myself.

Also I really should have predicted Colette. Anything about the Holocaust is usually a dead cert.

I was rooting for Collective. It got the Honeyland treatment but no wins for both.

Yuh-Jung Hun’s speech is the best so far.

I love the tradition of every supporting/actress winner having to apologize to Glenn Close.

Harrison Ford is looking OLD. I mean I know he’s old but I hate it when you don’t see someone for a few short years and there’s quite a drastic difference in them.

What a weird choice to do a bit in the third hour of the show and Andra Day is not into it.

Mom Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

Yeah I was struggling to read them. They could have praised the nominees less and slowed the slide show.

Best picture now? This is too chaotic.

I guess they’re banking on Chadwick winning best actor and want to exit on it which listen it was a tragedy and he was a great actor but structuring the show around his death is a step too far IMO.

I’m happy about this, also the two nomadic people who played the friends are there ♥️

HOW has this gone over 3 hours this year when ALL of the traditional padding (clips, comedy routines, montages and songs) has been cut out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom