Babylon 5 (CW reboot)

COB

The ⭐ 👹
I don't know if there's any interest for this on Moopy AT ALL, but this was one of my favourite TV series of all time and I'm amazed that this might actually be happening:
The original series was recently added to HBO Max in the US, so I wonder if the streaming numbers have been particularly impressive to lead to this? I honestly feel like it's a far more influential show than people realise; it had a fully pre planned, five-year plot arc that (more or less) made it to the screen in a complete and satisfying way, and I really do feel like it paved the way for the more serialised sci-fi and fantasy shows that came after it.

I'm also very curious to see whether some of the more unacceptable-at-the-time ideas regarding sexuality and gender might be better realised this time - there was a gay romance that had to mostly be hinted at, and also
the hero's love interest was a female alien character who enters a cocoon at one point to emerge half-human - the original plan was for the character to be male before that point.
Given that the creator has since written Sense8 I'd hope any reboot would be quite forward-thinking in that department, at least.

I’ve not watched or know much about this but the CW means it’ll be a bit disposable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom