BAD GIRLS

When Bad Girls was at its height, the actress that played MAD DI BARKER came to view our house in Bow that my parents were selling. I think they filmed alot of Bad Girls down the road at Three Mills Studios. My mum thought she was a bitch because she demanded to look down the cellar which meant the entrance had to be cleared. I remember saying if she's potentially buying the house she has a right to look at all of it, not an unreasonable request. Jesus wept.

Oh thank you @Rita

I also never watched it at the time. Might have caught half an episode here and there, but best to start from the beginning.

Oh thank you @Rita

I also never watched it at the time. Might have caught half an episode here and there, but best to start from the beginning.

It is definitely worth watching. I remember at the time it was MUST WATCH but I would think by now it may be quite dated. I am going to record it and binge watch later I think.

@Ellie did you get involved in this? I think a new season is going to be released weekly on demand.

@Ellie did you get involved in this? I think a new season is going to be released weekly on demand.
I wasnā€™t expecting a new one every single night :( I donā€™t think I have the stamina to watch it at that kind of pace along with all the other stuff. I may pick it up streaming on UKTV Play another time instead.

I have these recorded and can't wait! Might throw one on now in fact :disco:

I have been doing the same but didnā€™t realise we were getting a series a week released on demand!! :o

I'm about to finish series 1. It holds up so much better in 2021 than I EVER expected. The trashy (yet :disco:) Footballers Wives coming later haf made me forget how dark this really was. It has its camp moments sure (mostly from the fabulous Debra Stephenson covered in jizz who really deserves an Oscar for SCENE-STEALING) but campy/trashy ITV drama is it NOT. Not yet anyway.

It's also a lot more realistic than I ever remembered. OITNB coming 12 years later doesn't actually feel like a huge leap.

Queen Yvonne hasn't even shown up yet - I had always remembered her as an OG but supposedly not.

SCREW RANK

01 Bodybag - always and 4eva <3
02 Helen - DOUR but layered
03 Fenner - not an evil characture yet, more just a selfish bastard. Brilliantly acted.
04-05 - the two rubbish ones who don't survive past S1 (Including Tina from EastEnders who I don't recognise at all)

Utterly iconic! Poor Sylvia and ā€˜my Bobbyā€™ when they got invaded :D

OMG @COB I am also watching at the moment but I am half way through season 2. Bodybag seems to be an absolute highlight watching back now. She is currently walking around with a neck brace after getting pushed/falling down the metal stairs. She is comedy GOLD!

How can we watch? Surely it's not far behind now Footballers Wives is on Britbox :disco:

All joking aside, it was great to see queer role models on ITV primetime like Big Alison.

How can we watch? Surely it's not far behind now Footballers Wives is on Britbox :disco:

All joking aside, it was great to see queer role models on ITV primetime like Big Alison.

An episode a night is showing on Drama. You can catch up with all episodes shown already on catch up on sky.

Was Big Alison the Scottish skinhead lesbian?

So many actors from this have been in the soaps!

I love how 4 of them went on to be in the same family in Eastenders!

carters.jpg

Reactions: COB
So I met DIRTY SCREW DI BARKER last night :D

I was at a friend's book-launch and she has acted alongside her in the past so she came to support her which was really nice. We spoke briefly and I asked if she knew it was being repeated. She seemed to indicate it was always on "in some shape or form" (I didn't tell her I think she's incorrect actually :eyes:). I said I was a fan and we spoke about how it went off the boil towards the end which she fully agreed with (and did the I think quite un-PC "thicko" hand motion rounf her head while crossing her eyes and putting her tongue out :D :D). I was trying hard not to loon too much because she was really very normal and lovely (and I think rather tipsy :disco:)

I was too shy to ask for a selfie, sorry folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom