Barry Cryer DEAD

Madíson

Everything goes up by six
Pronouns
He/Him

I was listening to his recent RHLSTP (RHLSTP) with Richard Herring the other day. It was pretty good. He addressed death a lot given he’s worked with pretty much ever British comedian in the last five decades and outlived them all:

Last edited:
I actually thought he was older than that.
Same here. Another one of those from my childhood who seemed really old when he was probably only in his mid 40s and not much older than my parents.

What a huge loss to British comedy. Reading the tributes on twitter just now got me quite tearful. How wonderful to hear how generous and encouraging he was to new comics right until the very end.

I was listening to his recent RHLSTP the other day. Was pretty good. He addressed death a lot given he’s worked with pretty much ever British comedian in the last five decades and outlived them all:

I've not listened to this since it originally landed, but may give it another go now.

Hopefully Radio 4 will be planning something quite special.

That's a very sore one. There's a reason why so many comedians refer to him as The Godfather - continually supportive to new/young talent, he had no interest in pulling up the ladder. It felt more like he was happy making new ladders. Modest to a fault and gifted with an exceptional sense of both timing and delivery. I'm very sad to see him go. What a legend. RIP. A quiet night in the Big Hoose tonight. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom