Batman (60s TV Series)

Sheena

ROMANCE
(I know there's an old thread, but it's a bit shit, so I thought I'd start a new one)

Any FANS? One of my favourite TV shows of all time and one I'm half tempted to revisit during this TIME OF DOOM.

Best Villains:

1. Catwoman (Julie > Eartha > Lee)
6037e9517f0bcc611b92f7bd400e3f18.jpg

2. Joker

9a6e65f14a74ab28494e4dc109f93ca5.jpg

3. The Penguin

d5f7f5bb-8e7e-4a49-9cfa-a29c0f89fcd3.jpg

4. King Tut

latest

5. The Riddler

latest

6. Black Widow

7. Egghead

220px-Egghead_from_Batman_66.jpg

8. The Siren

latest

9. Lola Lasagne

10. Ma Parker

d59da9ea9343f24faa1fbdf5a4bd5382.png

I fucking love it, my Dad got me onto it as a kid, and it seemed to be constantly on Channel 4 for years.

Its on my list of things to show Ron Jr, alongside Holy Grail, but I'm scared he'll just think its shit.

I remember it being on TV-AM, that's how OLD I AM!

Surely it's timeless? I mean, it is KINDA SHIT but that was KINDA the point! I feel your pain, though- I couldn't bear it if my child thought it was shit :D

And SHOUT OUT to AUNT HARRIET and ALFRED for NO APPARENT REASON

12a932b0dbdbfdee8deaf8a08982ee1b.jpg

D4ZpWSyWkAAo4ke.jpg

Yes, I think I remember it on TV-AM, but it was just always on throughout my childhood.

I know @Dr Lecter is a fan
Oh yes! Got hooked also on the TVAM strike years

even the third series when the set was a cardboard back drop was still fabulous

Black Widow was iconic :disco:

I got the box set for my nephew and I was worried he would think it was shot (he’s 4 not the 22 year old tho he is a batman loon) and he’s obsessed so I’m happy with that

Oh yes! Got hooked also on the TVAM strike years

even the third series when the set was a cardboard back drop was still fabulous

Black Widow was iconic :disco:

YES! Shame POOR OLD TALLULAH could only be roped in for the one episode.

I think the series do go 1-3-2 for me. The first is properly amazing, the second sagged a bit, but I actually PROPERLY LOVED Batgirl. Just a shame they didn't stick with 2 episode story arcs.

YES! Shame POOR OLD TALLULAH could only be roped in for the one episode.

I think the series do go 1-3-2 for me. The first is properly amazing, the second sagged a bit, but I actually PROPERLY LOVED Batgirl. Just a shame they didn't stick with 2 episode story arcs.
Yes in the third series when the next criminal would just turn up at the end for no apparent reason.
Nora Clavicle and the blatantly sexist episode :D

Can we also discuss the FIENDISH CHANDELL / FINGERS

Liberace a highlight as usual

been a while since we’ve had a Liberace disco too

edit: LIBERACE KNEES UP ?

I looked through that thread only this morning. Shame a lot of the pics have gone.

Yes, I ALMOST put Liberace in my top ten. WHAT A WOMAN!

I fucking love it, my Dad got me onto it as a kid, and it seemed to be constantly on Channel 4 for years.

Its on my list of things to show Ron Jr, alongside Holy Grail, but I'm scared he'll just think its shit.

My dad got me into it too, we loved this camp nonsense. It's why I can't ever abide the modern adaptations in all its dark seriousness - LOOSEN UP GUYS. BAM! POW!

I never saw the TV series but I used to watch THE MOVIE all the time. :disco:

I never saw the TV series but I used to watch THE MOVIE all the time. :disco:

OMG the TV series is SO much better than the (admittedly not bad BUT A BIT RUSHED) movie.

PASS ME THE SHARK REPELLENT SPRAY, ROBIN :disco:

My dad got me into it too, we loved this camp nonsense. It's why I can't ever abide the modern adaptations in all its dark seriousness - LOOSEN UP GUYS. BAM! POW!

Depends what you mean by modern. The Michael Keaton Batman was dark but had elements of camp in it- and I think Jack Nicholson was my favourite Joker ever. The later ones are just entirely different films to me- the characters are the same in theory but they're so separate from these, that there's only a loose connection...

SOME DAYS YOU JUST CANT GET RID OF A BOMB

AND OF COURSE never forgetting fiercely heterosexual Cesar Romero’s moustache . Bet that wasn’t the first time it was covered in the white stuff

Is the series streaming anywhere?

It’s currently £60 to buy the complete series on iTunes but I see it’s been as low as £20 from CheapCharts.

The DVD set was ridiculously expensive for years too. I downloaded it all illegally instead...

NOBODY TELL CHIEF O'HARA :disco:

I got mine new for about £40 when it came out then I got my nephew it Anton a year ago for £25 from Sainsbury’s

it really is essential

Louie the Lilac AGOG

Old Joan CAN'T SING A NOTE. TONE DEAF.

Unlike dear Stephanie Beacham, who is just DEAF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom