Bee Gees - You Win Again

Out of TEN

• Total voters

Devil

I Need A House
What do we all think of this comeback track?

Every time this pops up I have to listen to it about 7 times

Absolutely fantastic. I love how the beat stays constant through the whole thing but the melody and their voices drive the song and build on each other until the end

They had great singles all the way through their last few decades. After this, the highlights for me are One, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Alone, Still Waters (Run Deep) and This Is Where I Came In, the latter being one of my all-time fave Bee Gees songs

80s Bee Gees give me beautiful nostalgic goosebumps. I even used to adore Secret Love, and the songs they contributed to the Staying Alive soundtrack are extremely underrated.

I hated it at the time. Old men...and I’d RATHER HAVE JACKED. But what a u-turn. It’s 10/10 for me now. But yes, not their absolute best, but probably top five. Or even their absolute best latter day track, which remains For Whom The Bell Tolls.

I hated it at the time. Old men...and I’d RATHER HAVE JACKED. But what a u-turn. It’s 10/10 for me now. But yes, not their absolute best, but probably top five. Or even their absolute best latter day track, which remains For Whom The Bell Tolls.
Ha at “OLD MEN”. Maurice and Robin were only 37. How our perceptions change.

I like it more to bop to in the background than to actively listen to, if it makes sense. They were just masterful at pop.

I'm gonna hit you from all sides, lay your fortress open wide
Nobody stops this body from taking you

Well it reads as slightly dodgy but :disco: all the same. Love this and always have. The key change is particularly triumphant sounding.

Oh yes, those lyrics are slightly off these days, but they totally work I’m context. Even I’d have a crack on them if they were singing that to me :disco:

I've just played the whole E.S.P. album and thoroughly enjoyed it, so today will be streaming more 80s and 90s Bee Gees away from just the hit singles.

The new BEE GEES documentary "How Do You Mend A Broken Heart" is really good and on NOW TV at the moment.

But, even though it pretty much ends with the Disco Sucks movement bar a bit of a round up at the end, it COMPLETELY ignores this- neither a clip or a mention. BIZARRE! It's surely one of their best known songs, in this country at least?

The new BEE GEES documentary "How Do You Mend A Broken Heart" is really good and on NOW TV at the moment.

But, even though it pretty much ends with the Disco Sucks movement bar a bit of a round up at the end, it COMPLETELY ignores this- neither a clip or a mention. BIZARRE! It's surely one of their best known songs, in this country at least?

Why would it end there and ignore the last 20 years of their career as a band? Most of their amazing success especially writing and producing for other artists was during the 80s and 90s. Should really be a two-parter, but I'll check it out soon.

Why would it end there and ignore the last 20 years of their career as a band? Most of their amazing success especially writing and producing for other artists was during the 80s and 90s. Should really be a two-parter, but I'll check it out soon.
I guess they wanted a 2 hour running time and that there wasn’t that much drama after 1980. They mention Andy dying, their comeback briefly, but that’s about it.

Loved the documentary itself though.

I guess they wanted a 2 hour running time and that there wasn’t that much drama after 1980. They mention Andy dying, their comeback briefly, but that’s about it.

Loved the documentary itself though.

I watched it last night. Just wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom