Belinda Carlisle - Live Your Life Be Free (Album)

*snorts coke and disowns half of back catalogue*

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
I've been binging Belinda recently and honestly, while it lacks the commercial hits of its predecessors, this album absolutely SLAPS. Shame she personally seems to hate it, but that's par for the course with our Bel.

LiveYourLifeBeFreeAlbum.jpg

10 Live Your Life Be Free
10 Do You Feel Like I Feel?
10 Half The World
09 You Came Out Of Nowhere
10 You're Nothing Without Me
10 I Plead Insanity
08 Emotional Highway
08 Little Black Book (Like this, but I think it was too sugary to work as a single)
07 Love Revolution
08 World of Love
08 Loneliness Game

Last edited:
I need to relisten to the whole thing to rate, but Do You Feel Like I Feel and I Plead Insanity are maybe my two favorite Belinda songs

It’s great. You’re Nothing Without Me is a great lost single.

There is also a video for I Plead Insanity out there too- it was made before the release was cancelled.

If you want me I'll be there... with my fingers through your hair

Reactions: VoR
Sometimes I get emotional listening to her - probably because it reminds me of my childhood, but also because her songs and her voice are so fucking good that I imagine her being really proud of herself and everything she’s given the world.

I love that she came out of the punk scene but she just unabashedly loves big Europop choruses, and even when she was releasing an album called 'Real' she never really deviated or subscribed to any snobbery around that.

It shows how quickly time and taste moves in music terms and the fickleness of being a child/youth into music but as a kid I adored Heaven On Earth and Runaway Horses yet for no reason whatsoever did not give this album a moment’s consideration and had no inclination to hear it. I’d moved onto stuff I felt was a bit harder and grimier. Sorry Belinda.

The two b-sides to this album are two of my very favourite Belinda songs

Going a bit off-topic now, but as far as b-sides/rarities go, I adore this bonus track from her 1999 Greatest Hits. Probably should have been the single over the cute but cheesy All God's Children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom