Best Alcazar Entry

• Total voters

Lume

User
Three #3 entries in the mello, 1 #5 and one andra chansen entry. I'm not going to name them so that they wouldn't affect your votes. (As all of us didn't know these by heart)

It was always so great to see them perform. The passion and enthusiasm was something I would have loved to see on the ESC stage. But it was never to happen. Though never say never...

Last edited:
Reactions: RJN
A great lineup but it has to be Stay the Night for me.

1. Stay the night
2. Blame it on the disco

even thought they kind of sound the same. “Crying at the discotheque” is my real number one but I guess that didn’t go to melodifestivalen

I don't see the interest in polls where you can't see who voted what, sorry (read that in a nice tone, please :tongueout:)

For me Stay Stay the Night really crystallizes everything I love about Alcazar. The tight choreo with perfect sync, the sheer joy and most of all, the killer melody. I love them all, but Stay the Night by a MILE! They need to get that to Spotify too instead of that shitty remix. Thanks in advance @aquaplex :love:

Last edited:
I’d love to beb but I couldn’t hum a single line from any of them

Public viewing isn’t an option for some reason :(

I switched the Alcastar video on for another with better quality. And boom, it got another vote!

We got another voter for the sweet, lovely ALCASTAR! I myself didn't vote for it, but I have much love for it, as I do for all these. Even headlines makes me try to shake my pelvis nowadays.

It involves something beyond my newbie admin capabilities at 23:45 after two glasses of wine, so unless Indie is available I'm sure you can wait for Zen to do it in the morning :)

Oh well, at least it brought Kate into a Eurovision thread.

And who even cares about the votes. My mother has a karaoke system at home and I used to make her karaoke dvd's, mostly Finnish. Karaoke is very popular here.

But I managed to squeeze some English gay anthems like I Will Survive and even Baccara here and there. What I didn't know was that one night my third take on Alcastar would be my last one. The next time I got there the disc was nowhere to be found.

Last edited:
Stay The Night should have been the moment it all culminated in GLORY for them. The whole package was perfect.

Not A Sinner Nor A Saint was almost as good and could have been a Steps-sized hit had it been released during the right era.

They’re all amazing, I suspect Not a Sinner might have a lot of silver medals here, but Stay the Night really is the tightest

NASNAS never clicked for me; I find the production a bit weedy.

Completely agree that it really should have been their moment with Stay the Night. Everything fell into place with that song and performance. The shot of Andreas with his head nestled between the arses of Tess and Lina kills me every time too.

Blame It on the Disco was a tremendously fun revisit on helium, even if the lack of Andreas on the chorus makes it feel a little less Alcazar.

Love Malena, but I agree, Stay The Night REALLY should have been Alcazar's moment. Plus, sending flaming homosexuals into Moscow would have been so :disco:

1. Stay The Night (GET THE BLOODY RADIO EDIT ON SPOTIFY!)
2. Blame It On The Disco
3. Not A Sinner, Nor a Saint
4. Alcastar

*vast gap*

5.Headlines

Yeah, it's got to be Stay The Night- 10/10 from start to finish. I enjoy Blame It On The Disco but it's veering dangerously close to pastiche territory.

NASNAS beats Alcastar in the battle of the "early entries" - Headlines sits somewhere in the middle. Great verses but that chorus is a little flat.

Stay The Night I think would have gone too 5 at Eurovision.

I also think Not A Sinner Nor A Saint would have won the whole damned thing...

1. Stay the Night - what a comeback - pure homosexuality; a triumph
2. Alcastar - I actually used to dislike this but that’s because I was repressed and did not see my true potential - pure homosexuality; a triumph
3. Not a Sinner, Nor a Saint - too advanced for the competition at that time, too important, a numinous experience when heard in the right context
4. Blame It On The Disco - an undeniable spice of heaven - one of the best songs I’ve ever heard. In Eurovision 1998 French entrant Marie Line sang- “Tu n’as pas où aller/Tu n’sais même pas où aller” and that’s how I feel when this song plays.
5. Headlines - gorgeous verses let down by a generic chorus. Now you might think “all these songs have generic choruses” but if you can’t see the difference between this and the other four then I can’t help you. Instead, i go shopping.

5. Headlines - if you can’t see the difference between this and the other four then I can’t help you
There's always been something a bit weird about Headlines I've never been able to put my finger on. Maybe you've nailed it here that it just doesn't feel like a proper Alcazar song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom