Best DANCE/CLUB hits from the 00's

I've been emptying out my hard drive of STUFF, and have pretty much resolved that a grand majority of the music I cribbed in the 00s was shit.

The general shedding of genre boundaries in the early part of this decade was the best thing to happen to dance music.

This may or may not be a Vertigo remix, who tarted up singles by Holly V and Rachel S. I absolutely loved this back in the day, which hasn't faded, especially feeling her Kristine W like vocals and her looking like everyone in the videos aunt.

I remember thinking this could have been a minor hit. It's a little cheap, like a more mature Oceanic or something.

Solasso could have been the new Xeonamania:

This remix of Look on the Floor is nothing short of majestic. Reminds me of the Big Gay Out 2005, Chelmsford 2017 and 10pm last night. What a peak.

This may well have scraped into the top 40 hit parade, and the main mix may well be the better introduction, but this is one of my all time favourite remixes. Just utterly divine, it oozes and washes over you like not much else.

Drift into endless piss:

All that these 2 did together was golden. Sadly their piss-take X-Factor audition isn't on the Tube.

I will do my best. Whatever doesn't get sivved out by "possible ASFM"/"possible butter tart themed 2000s trance rate surprise potential" I'll be sure to splurge (and I do want to, always).

Get a load of my synth house playlist which covers about 2004-2010 era house music. Not my favourite era but these are all great.

Great for a gym playlist!

a reminder that 05-10 was by and large a hideous time for mainstream dance music :eyes:
T6U8xsD.gif

Iā€™m totally with Jark

Given the glory days of the 80s and 90s the noughties had just run out of ideas. The last ten years has been a general acceptance of the hooks of the early years and treating the foundations of dance as something to celebrate, not attempt to steer clear from, and has produced a return to form.

There were definitely some great moments as there would be over a whole decade. Freemasons, Stonebridge, Haji & Emanuel, that sort of stuff. But going ultra commercial meant that it had to lose its magic.

The electro scene was way more interesting at this time.

And are we 00s as in 2000-2009?

Because my mind went straight to these huge faves:

Vocal is something I truly wish Madge would do. The trance is a tidal wave of 90s Ibiza and early 2000s trance - "wash all over me" should have been given the same Stuart Price treatment, but apparently when he left a voicemail saying "Pricey's back" she thought she was being trolled by Katie Price, changed her numbers and hasn't been contactable since.

And this. Oh my god, this:

It's basically PSB meets Deep Dish. Neil's gristly vocal is utilized fabulously.

I'd say we missed out on a potentially amazing video by not featuring Siouxsie, who is on particularly galvanic form here.

Last one I'll round up some DJ Tonka:

And whilst this might defeat the point of the thread, his 2002/3 Miss S remixes of her 90s hits were both on the A:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom