• Feel Me Heaven

• Seven Lives

• Goodbye Milky-way

• Sanedess Pt.2

• Amen

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lume

User
Among and mostly AFTER writing HOT HITS for our much loved SANDRA, Micky found some time to make some 90's new age pop, which was very on trend at the time. How do you think these songs have aged? Choose your faves.

Reactions: Zu
carly's song aka age of loneliness for me. maybe it's the sliver connection but it's a sultry gem that mesmers my juices into flowing without fail.

I hate pretty much ALL of it after the second album apart from THIS which is FANTASTIC

The first album is, however, still everything CHEZ ZU. It reminds me of - and conjures up - a very specific London era

Isn't it called AMENO rather than just AMEN? Anyways, it's that one for me x

Actually, it’s a London era which has yet to be bettered although I gave it a jolly good go in 2013. Maybe it’s time to up sticks, buy that luxury caravanette and raise pigs :disco:

What a bizarre array of votes. Four for ‘Return To Innocence’ I understand but only ONE for ‘Sadeness Pt. 1’?

‘Mea Culpa’ is also BLINDING

The CHORDS! The SYNTHS!

I refuse to believe that our resident raddled old tubbo (:horny: - flirting NOT shade) @ButterTart doesn’t have a secret ENIGMA STASH

Last edited by a moderator:
This one’s actually not bad at all

I think I objected to the lack of Sandra and generally diminishing returns on album # 3 and onwards, not to mention Micky’s insistence on SINGING

I feel underqualified but I voted anyway, I only really know the two biggies and Gravity of Love

I guess I need a DEEP DIVE. I have a real fondness to the new agey first half 90s, lots of rainforests and dolphins and nosing around Athena.

That’s sort of manifested in little ways, like my love for Delerium’s Poem album (and hot remixes). I never understood why people didn’t get on board with Jamala’s 1944 at the time, i was getting big Enigma energy from that from the GET!

I'm always GAGGED at how big a hit Sadeness Pt. 1 was, as I'm too young to remember it :D I was BAFFLED when I first heard it - but I RATHER LIKE IT NOW.

I similarly remember being quite young and watching Return To Innocence on TOTP and being RATHER CONFUSED :D

Isn't it called AMENO rather than just AMEN? Anyways, it's that one for me x
No, it most certainly is not! I hope you're not confused and thinking of the one hit wonder 'ERA' project, which indeed had a song called Ameno.

This one’s actually not bad at all

I think I objected to the lack of Sandra and generally diminishing returns on album # 3 and onwards, not to mention Micky’s insistence on SINGING

This might be my favourite Enigma song!

No, it most certainly is not! I hope you're not confused and thinking of the one hit wonder 'ERA' project, which indeed had a song called Ameno.

actually, you know what, I MIGHT HAVE been confusing them with ERA :D

Where’s @Lume for HOT ENIGMA CHAT
Well I'm here NOW, where tf are you again? :o

I guess I just need to cherry pick some goodies for you, since you haven't heard anything after the first two albums apart from two songs. Yes, I understand Micky has a bad habit of singing, but we can skip those tracks, can't we?

I could cherry pick tracks like Boum-Boum (Micky alert) but instead I'll friendly advice you to listen to the newest album, The Fall Of a Rebel Angel, with it's companion story-piece. It's a very good album!

Well I'm here NOW, where tf are you again? :o

I guess I just need to cherry pick some goodies for you, since you haven't heard anything after the first two albums apart from two songs. Yes, I understand Micky has a bad habit of singing, but we can skip those tracks, can't we?

I could cherry pick tracks like Boum-Boum (Micky alert) but instead I'll friendly advice you to listen to the newest album, The Fall Of a Rebel Angel, with it's companion story-piece. It's a very good album!
Popping The Fall Of A Rebel Angel on now

Micky's singing has always been a horror on the Enigma albums although actually I do love 'Samurai'

Oh @Lume I'm very much liking The Fall Of A Rebel Angel so far. It feels very suitable for the moment, whatever that moment is :disco:

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously I did just say that to his face as well but thought I'd note it IN LOUNGE for posterity purposes :)

Micky's now busy selling Brawurst und Sauerkraut auf dem Markt so no new lovely melodies coming soon, I'm afraid. :(

Popping The Fall Of A Rebel Angel on now

Micky's singing has always been a horror on the Enigma albums although actually I do love 'Samurai'

Return to Innocence begs to differ.

Oh that might not be Micky singing. 🤭

Last edited:
Anyway, we're in this lounge alone alone so we can do what we want.

I'll begin by playfully nibbling your ear and whispering: "What's your favourite Enigma song?"

Anyway, we're in this lounge alone alone so we can do what we want.

I'll begin by playfully nibbling your ear and whispering: "What's your favourite Enigma song?"
Oh it’s Sadeness of course, dear nibbler :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom