Beyoncé - act i: RENAISSANCE

These FLACS are ALL WELL AND GOOD but how do I get them onto my iTunes which I'm sure only takes mp3s and wind up Fisher Price records.

THE MODERN WORLD IS SO CONFUSING

The locals are going to regret getting on this ride :basil:

Meanwhile, the gheys will need a buss rejuvenation alongside their monkeypox vaccine after this

I feel exhausted by this album!

Preliminary Top 5:
  1. America Has A Problem
  2. All Up In Your Mind
  3. Summer Renaissance
  4. Pure / Honey
  5. Heated or Alien Superstar
I have no idea if I will never listen to this album again, or whether it will be on constant rotation.

I think I'll hang on til Friday, but are we saying it's absolutely NOT the DISCO DANCEFLOOR CELEBRATION THING that was suggested?

I think I'll hang on til Friday, but are we saying it's absolutely NOT the DISCO DANCEFLOOR CELEBRATION THING that was suggested?

about 5 tracks *maybe* fall into this category (BMS included and that sticks out like a sore thumb)

• Wow
Reactions: dUb
If you were expecting Sasha Fierce at the Freemasons' rocketing off to Chromatica for some Future Nostalgia... it's a hard no.

If you are looking for some deeply experimental ballroom music, you'll be into it.

• Wow
I have absolutely NO CLUE what it’s like either as most of the terrible hyperbole rolling around in this thread makes little sense. QUELLE SURPRISE.

I’ll hold off until Friday too.

So it's another ARTSY FARTSY one? At least she scammed one (1) Hot 100 appearance while she could!

I've had a flick and it doesn't sound like something I'd ever choose to listen to on my own, but some tracks would be good to experience in the club

So it's another ARTSY FARTSY one? At least she scammed one (1) Hot 100 appearance while she could!
I don't know if I'd call it "artsy", but the music is quite experimental - most of the "songs" don't follow a typical structure, and are quite loose grooves, which often transform into other structures halfway through.

It's kind of what you'd get if you cross-bred Get Me Bodied, Blow and a lot of Black Is King.

• Love
Ooh well Get Me Bodied is my NUMBA ONE FAVE of hers, so I could be here for that

The thousands of Beyoncé fans around the world killing her first day streams by downloading NAPSTER FILES!

Call yourself fans :basil:

I’ll wait til Friday. Not because I’m loyal but because I can’t be arsed. And so far it really doesn’t great…

The thousands of Beyoncé fans around the world killing her first day streams by downloading NAPSTER FILES!

Call yourself fans :basil:

I’ll wait til Friday. Not because I’m loyal but because I can’t be arsed. And so far it really doesn’t great…
Yeah but you don’t want to miss all the first day gay hyperbole. Bussies getting TORN, wigs SNATCHED, proctologists BOOKED, careers ENDED etc.

I thought it sounded quite good, or at the very least interesting. But then her older stuff is mostly not my bag at all, so I prefer it this way. It's definitely more in the vein of latter day Beyoncé than anything Freemasons related though :D

I'm looking forward to a proper listen tomorrow. There's should be some moments :disco:

After a day with it, I think it's fabulous. It just builds and builds and the final clutch of tracks is mind-blowing. But I'm also completely here for the utterly sultry gems in the mid-section. Ms @Jark will be surely find herself luxuriating on a chaise longue unable to stand up during these moments.

08 I'm That Girl - a subdued opener but a grower and sets the shape-shifting tone of the album
07 Cozy
10 Alien Superstar - the first moment it pops off. In a way, this should have been the lead single. This feels like the statement of intent.
07 Cuff It
06 Energy
09 Break My Soul
06 Church Girl
08 Plastic Off The Sofa
10 Virgo's Groove
08 Move - from here it just ramps up into a full-blown ball extravanganza
08 Heated
09 Thique
10 All Up In Your Mind
10 America Has a Problem
10 Pure / Honey - the cunty front-end is fun but the second half is sublime
11 Summer Renaissance - heavenly. It's like Naughty Girl levelled up for the post-Pose era

I’m here for sultry grooves (learning some tricks from the more talented sister) :eyes: but I really don’t want any Lion King sequels or Dr Schulz Tropical house collabs. She’s teased with an album of potential full on bangers. I’m nervous for the real thing.

I had high hopes for the one that samples 'I Feel Love'. They were not met.

I had high hopes for the one that samples 'I Feel Love'. They were not met.

This.

First of all: don’t sample that song, ever.

Second of all: at least make it sound fresh and progressive. Like a new take on the sound. Madonna did it on Future Lovers, it is possible. You can’t recreate I Feel Love, why even try.

Reactions: GNL
I've listened to four or five songs from this and there's not a melody to be found between them. she even sounds bored. Pure/Honey is just awful until the 3 minute mark... and then it suddenly becomes a half decent song :D only half though. there's a strong stench of "just discovered gay culture" throughout.

I will dive in properly tomorrow, but where the hooks at, and why does it sound so labored?

I haven’t even listened yet and I can already tell I’m going to start liking it in about 2024

Quite enjoyed my first listen. But she's a mood. :disco:

Also, the full album almost feels like it's greater than the sum of its parts. Definitely not a collection of hit chasing spotify playlist songs, needs the transitions throughout which are grand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom