Beyoncé - act i: RENAISSANCE

Glad I didn't purchase it. That remix is kinda...messy. It just makes me wanna listen to the original Vogue. Don't need Beyonce anywhere near it. She has this annoying habit of sucking the joy out of everything.
:rolleyes:

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

The best part of the whole album is literally "It should cost a billion to look this good *MOAN* "

I love how Beyonce is just gonna deepthroat Pure/Honey into gay culture and we're just gonna shamelessly TAKE IT like a gagless whore.

:disco:

She always debuted well but never had blockbuster opening sales that Taylor and Adele had at their peaks. I think 190k pure sales is satisfactory for her. Whether it can stick around through the end of the year will be the true test.

It just shows how much of her career is just pure hype. People might talk about her more, but they give their money and listening time to Taylor and Adele.

It just shows how much of her career is just pure hype. People might talk about her more, but they give their money and listening time to Taylor and Adele.
You don't get those kinds of figures if your career is "pure" hype. Not least as it shows they give plenty of money and listening time to Beyoncé, just not the most?

You don't get those kinds of figures if your career is "pure" hype. Not least as it shows they give plenty of money and listening time to Beyoncé, just not the most?
Maybe not "pure" hype, but for the amount of WORSHIP she gets even when she's NOT releasing an album, you'd expect her to be somewhere in the same ballpark as the others.

Oh come on, dull as LaTavia's dishwater she might be, she is of an untouchable calibre.

Anyway, this Vogue piggyback track is just out of this world. How soon until we see a life-saving lip sync (by Beyoncé and Madge if not Drag Race also).

It's ludicrous to compare Beyoncé's sales to Adele and Taylor, two white women whose primary audience is other straight white women. Beyoncé is a woman of colour whose career has increasingly been focused on other women of colour, LGBTQ+, again, especially of colour. Her music has not been "accessibly" marketed for over a decade. Even around 4, when she was still doing statement promo, she chose one of the least radio-friendly lead-singles possible. When the whole world was making EDM, she made a soul album. The fact that she continues to be the conversation almost 25 years after No, No, No debuted speaks for itself. Will Adele still be dominating the cultural conversation in 2034?

"Break My Soul" becomes her 8th Hot 100 #1 (without Destiny's Child).

Crazy in Love
Baby Boy
Check On It
Irreplaceable
Single Ladies
Perfect Duet
Savage Remix
This makes me happy. We love to see our 90s-debuting queens at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Relevoncé

This makes me happy. We love to see our 90s-debuting queens at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Relevoncé

I find the gap between Single Ladies, her last "solo" single, and this one more impressive! 14 years give or take. Plus, I hate Perfect Duet.

why are you so full of hate? :D she's in her 40s now and just snatched a Hot 100 #1. she opened with 190k pure which is far beyond what the last Kanye or Drake albums managed, to look at two males who dominate pop culture. Taylor has a rapidly loyal fanbase who'll buy ten formats each, the comparison is not relevant. Beyoncé has smashed — pay the woman her dues!

apparently Cuff It, Alien Superstar and Summer Renaissance have all gone to pop radio for testing. I think all would make good singles but Alien probably has the most pop chorus, whereas Cuff It is less abrasive and might be a better bet overall?

on a serious note; CUFF IT shows up on plenty of Spotify playlists that include "new" music, I hope that's the girl that smashes!

I find the gap between Single Ladies, her last "solo" single, and this one more impressive! 14 years give or take. Plus, I hate Perfect Duet.
She also cracked the top ten of pop radio for the first time since "Sweet Dreams" this week. "Drunk in Love" narrowly missed it.

In other news, "HEATED" has become my favorite from the album so far. Not sure it has crossover appeal, but I could see it taking off with a TikTok trend or something.

apparently Cuff It, Alien Superstar and Summer Renaissance have all gone to pop radio for testing. I think all would make good singles but Alien probably has the most pop chorus, whereas Cuff It is less abrasive and might be a better bet overall?
I'd say "Alien" has the most potential, but "Cuff It" feels like it follows where "About Damn Time" leads and ADT was huge.

why are you so full of hate? :D she's in her 40s now and just snatched a Hot 100 #1. she opened with 190k pure which is far beyond what the last Kanye or Drake albums managed, to look at two males who dominate pop culture. Taylor has a rapidly loyal fanbase who'll buy ten formats each, the comparison is not relevant. Beyoncé has smashed — pay the woman her dues!
Excuse me but I am not trying to shadow her accomplishments at all. If anything, this is my favorite thing from her in years. And I'd rather see her than Lizzy, Megan, or NasX in the Top 10. I was just making a comparison of her figures with other notable recent megastars. It doesn't have to mean that I'm trying to drag her.

I think also I've generally never cared much for cultural prominence from my faves. I've always preferred solid vocals, writing, and musicianship, over cultural "relevance" or "moments". Maybe that's why it always sounds like I'm being extra hard on her. Regardless, I'm here for this era.

this album is really a fantastic front to back listen. it pains me to say it but... @Pingu was right. the Suedette/Trussian u-turn has been fully performed.

the midsection of Plastic Off the Sofa into Virgo's Groove (stunning transition) is really doing it for me today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom