10 6 Inch
08 Daddy Lessons
08 Love Drought
07 Sandcastles
08 Forward
10 Freedom
10 All Night
11 Formation

Lemonade is hands down her best album. It’s a shame she fell off the cliff so spectacularly after it.

She's basically all hype right now. The music doesn't even come close to living up to it.

I liked B'Day and IASF, but I understand why she wanted to move on from that template. They cement her status as a legacy artist and icon but I don't really feel the need to revisit them aside from a few lesser played album cuts. She really perfected her brand with the two albums that followed. I haven't cared about anything since aside from "Formation".

Bey Top Ten:

1. XO
2. Drunk in Love
3. I Miss You
4. Disappear
5. Crazy in Love
6. Haunted
7. Formation
8. Mine
9. Partition
10. Sweet Dreams

I guess it’s not an unusual trajectory for a huge musician: breakthrough (with DC), the big launch (DiL), the blockbuster period (IASF), the mature progression (Beyoncé) and now it’s like what is there to prove, I think she has more creative freedom now without the pressure of having to be the biggest pop star in the world anymore.

Tidal is being investigated by the Norwegian government for inflating her streaming figures.

And there's another plagiarism lawsuit as well I think.

1. Sorry
2. Haunted
3. Jealous
4. Don'r Hurt Yourself
5. Me, Myself and I
6. I Miss You
7. Mine
8. XO
9. Love Drought
10. 6 Inch

besides a handful of singles, her first 3 albums are quite shite, aren't they?

besides a handful of singles, her first 3 albums are quite shite, aren't they?

I think B'Day is the one I like the most when it comes to album tracks, the debut was awful and Sasha Fierce is very hit or miss (Ego, Smash Into You, Radio, etc :zombie: )

Sasha Fierce wasn't bad. I still think Diva is one of her best singles.

Ego is diabolical and failed attempt at trying to be 'self aware'.

Just finished listening to the self-titled. It sounds even better to me now than it did at the time. By far her best album, and to me, her only great album:

07 Pretty Hurts
10 Haunted
10 Drunk in Love
08 Blow
07 No Angel
10 Partition
07 Jealous
07 Rocket
10 Mine
11 XO
07 Flawless
09 Superpower
08 Heaven
09 Blue

I tried again with Lemonade and didn't think anything was bad, but there were no real standouts aside from "Formation", which is more just tacked on anyway. "6 Inch" and "All Night" were very good but again not much in the way of standout moments.

Beyonce album rank:

1. Beyoncé
2. 4
3. Lemonade
4. I Am... Sasha Fierce
5. B'Day
6. Dangerously in Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom