Beyoncé - act i: RENAISSANCE

The Destiny Fulfilled single run was everything. An 11, two hard 10s and a cheeky 8 :disco:

I had a right moment to Girl earlier. I loved that era.
I retconned the era as Lose My Breath, Soldier and Through With Love, as therefore continue to stan.

The biggest tragedy of DC3's career is that the sublime Nuclear never got its moment in the sun. It may be my favourite Destiny's Child song.

God, I feel compelled to do a DC Top 10, such were they icons of my teenage years
  1. Nuclear
  2. Lose My Breath
  3. Get On The Bus
  4. No, No, No (Part II)
  5. Bills, Bills, Bills
  6. Jumpin', Jumpin'
  7. Survivor (Remix featuring Da Brat :disco:)
  8. Bug-a-Boo
  9. She Can't Love You
  10. Bootylicious (Original or Rockwilder Mix, depending how much I'm in the mood for a sultry gem)

My Bernice Top 10 is all singles and rather basique. I rarely dabbled with her deep cuts.

Lose My Breath is probably one of my favourite songs of the 00s PERIOD.

Where is @Christian? She is perennially triggered by an End of Time embed.
Eternally so!

I'm finally making my peace with Beyons now after her last 10 years as a no-press, no-media, no-questions ice queen - my kind of media personality.

I even enjoyed bits of "Black Is King".

Reactions: dUb
Aaliyah has recently prompted a revisiting of early DC and god, Bills, Bills, Bills still stands up GLORIOUSLY today - those Greek chorus asides!

Anyway, I don't necessarily care if she comes back with a hit (but one would be NICE), though I DO want her to come back with something FUN for the DANCEFLOOR

Whatever you can say about Destiny's Child, those The Writing's On The Wall singles were all iconic bangers. And for me, the Survivor singles are a masterclass in pop domination - they were all chemically-engineered to be smashes.

As for Bey coming back with a "hit"... I feel it would be a little reductive these days. Her original fans are all well over 30 now - who cares if she's #1 or Bubbling Under as long as it's good.

These days, we prefer a flop moment that can be ret-conned as "ahead of its time" several years later.

I don't fucking care about the charts and I've no doubts I might be the only one here thinking that, we just want a GOOD SONG for fucks sake.

oh, @Suedey , she's always been tiresome and insufferable (besides, the Goddess-like complex doesn't help at all) but every once in a while I like to Ring the alarm, pull out my Freakum Dress and GET MYSELF BODIED.

Oh please. Her stans will eat any and all the tuneless unseasoned garbage she serves them. Beyonce post-2012 has ALWAYS been about branding. There's no other way anyone would even SPIT on shit like Drunken Love or 7/11.

I don’t know how to explain this, but Beyoncé has always struck me as a pop star who appeals more to women than gay men. Kind of the opposite of Lady Gaga. Obviously they both have both as fans but the main draw

I often think KC is just a bot designed to make as little sense as possible, but in a much more convincing way than SorB.
At least our KC doesn’t PERSISTENTLY FAT SHAME PEOPLE on a REGULAR BASIS

Last edited:
I was lab-made but my creator abandoned me and told me to seek other fellow failed experiments. Naturally I came here.

Drunk In Love and 7/11 are two of her best BANGERS! (When it comes to Fun Bernice), she will always have the slow jams/statement songs/Black Bill Gates tingz when she's feeling Serious Bernice, but she's been playing that part for too long now.

Drunk in Love Is probably my favourite Beyonce song.

Agog at comments otherwise.

Drunk in Love Is probably my favourite Beyonce song.

Agog at comments otherwise.
I had to YouTube it to remind myself but actually I don’t mind that one :disco:

In other news, I generally don’t like her work at all BUT I CANNOT DECIDE WHETHER TO STAN :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom