Big Brother Australia

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
big-brother-2020-new-.jpg

Anyone interested? I'm on the first episode now, and even though the whole series is pre-recorded, it does have a familiar UK BB vibe so far with secret tasks on launch night and the like. The main difference is that the housemates will evict each other rather than the public. Also @Halli has reported his friends in Australia saying it's GREAT

8 episode have been shown so far and all are viewable here (it's Season 12): https://videobrother.net/sub_pages/archives_au#hide12

I think it's too much of a faff to try to organise sync watches but if anyone wants to follow it and comment here, feel free :D if not never mind :oi:

I'm on a bit of BB overload just now with the E4 thing and the BB7 rewatches, but I might catch up on this in a couple of weeks (unless I hear it's crap in the meantime).

Reactions: dUb
I'm naïvely assuming all Australian reality TV is on a par with Instant Hotel season 1 btw.

I watched the first episode and have dipped in once or twice after that. It’s good, but not essential viewing. Angela is the only thing worth watching it for.

I'm naïvely assuming all Australian reality TV is on a par with Instant Hotel season 1 btw.
I have to say for the amount of viewers and therefore budget the shows here get they’re surprisingly good!

I’m up to date with this via torrents and can confirm Angela is indeed incredible.

There’s some really entitled rotters and hate figures... it’s very enjoyable!

PROMISING! I need to get up to date asap

OH MY GOD at
Angela's last-minute RIGGA MORRIS reprieve as they all form a prayer circle in her honour
:disco::disco::disco:

The series is GREAT :D

There's an eviction every episode, so it rattles along rather briskly. All the episodes are 1hr+ but the site has a PinP option so I just have it playing away in the corner of the screen while I think of another new thread to post

Well let’s hope for a more DIVERSE cast.

After the last episode my interest is dwindling. It’s too frustrating. More floaters than a sewer.

Oh i don't think I can be arsed watching anymore :D I really don't need to spend several more hours finding out which beige nothingy white person wins

also drama in the housemates chat over some interviews Angela did...

EbtuxuwXYAUoCEx

Ebtuxz7WkAUgqGH

Ebtux50WkAA2cq6

Ebtux_tXYAA7v_o

FUMING that she's the breakout star and they are already irrelevant :disco:

Well I watched this and enoyed it, Angela was everything :disco: It has to be there as one of the best housemates EVER.

After Angela left it wasn't the same obviously. But it was quite good overall

This is back!

Great first episode - and what a PRICK they have on their hands with Danny :D:disco:

I gave it a watch. But I find the thing just on the wrong side of cheesy to be really good.

Watched the first 3 episodes. It's all very PG and inoffensive, yes, but still fun, the tasks and twists quite clever so far. I had a proper laugh with the lambs secret mission. :D

The ‘count the numbers in the room’ thing was absolutely ridiculous, but the tasks have been fun otherwise

Having said that, the actual elimination challenges are really stupidly weighted in favour of the athletic housemates

Also what a fucking WASTE OF SPACE Georgina is... I’m not even sure that’s her name. The stylist one. Get out.

The ‘count the numbers in the room’ thing was absolutely ridiculous
:D I thought it was BB taking the piss for sure, how the hell were they going to do that? It was an excuse to chain them all.
And yes, all the challenges being so physical is insane, some of them don't have a chance to win anything, true that means no target on their back, but still...

Also what a fucking WASTE OF SPACE Georgina is... I’m not even sure that’s her name. The stylist one. Get out.
It's Charlotte (I think) Yes, other than making sure they don't have the coffee machine, she's done nothing and I don't understand why she's even there, being a public vote in the end she has not a chance, a total waste of space for sure.

Yes, that’s the one! :D

Ari won me over a few episodes back with “I’m voting to evict this person because they’re a magician, get a real job”

Danny has been the star of the show for better or worse, and as much as I’ve been enjoying the high pitched whimpering, I won’t be devastated if he goes soon

I wonder if he’s loved or hated in Australia... (or if anyone cares)

Ari is the undercover villain we didn't know we need. And Daniel, I can't believe he's still there, but surely the producers had the attic or any other twist ready to keep him just in case, like they did last year with Angela. I mean, you can tell they gave him the advantage for the last challenge, making sure he was closer to the red button when they activated it.

I don't think this show is popular in Australia anymore, maybe @Marilyn knows. I mean, it has nothing to do with BB anymore, it's so well edited it looks more like a series. But who cares indeed :disco:

Yeah absolutely, I saw someone describe it recently as “Survivor in a warehouse” which kinda sums it up, but it’s very entertaining

I don't think this show is popular in Australia anymore, maybe @Marilyn knows. I mean, it has nothing to do with BB anymore, it's so well edited it looks more like a series. But who cares indeed :disco:

I guess it did well enough to get a second series, but I like to think it was cursed when I applied for the 2020 season and wasn't cast :zsazsa:

Still wish GEORGINA would piss off but glad Ari lives to sneer another day

And pleased to see a challenge that was pretty open to different levels of fitness etc.

Georgina :D who cares what her name is, such a waste of space, but it's the perfect goat to take with you to the final, who the hell is gonna vote for her to win?
Oh yes, next episode is going to be great, can't wait to see their faces.

Katie seems to have been hated by the public, which I wasn't really expecting. She was a bit bossy I guess, and maybe entitled, but a "bully", etc.? I don't see it

God this 'walking dead' thing is so drawn-out and low impact after getting used to someone ACTUALLY GOING every episode

@Alla do u agree

Yeah this twist is absurd, is this ever gonna end? You can tell they had it ready to use it to save someone like Christina, as they're pushing so hard for the couple, I guess to attract some viewers :rolleyes: As if they were going to use it on Charlotte :D btw, loved how that guy waited until she was evicted to leave too, I'm sure he told BB he wanted.to leave and they told him to wait until the eviction, hoping to get rid of dead wood too.

It’s not setting the world alight or anything, but it’s rating perfectly well. It’ll get another season next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom