Black Narcissus

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

Remake of the movie from 1947 about horny nuns in India. The movie is a classic because it was visually stunning (they won the Oscar for cinematography)

This will obviously not be as good and they are replicating many of the iconic shots but it looks like some good fun coming in December.

I do like the look of this trailer more

The original Powell & Pressberger film is in my Top 3 movies of all time: it is the epitome of sexual melodrama and oppression (read: CAMP) and features one of the greatest “hysterical woman” performances of all time by the woman who plays Sister Ruth. It’s absolutely glorious and really appealed to the gay teenager in a catholic middle school ✝️

Anybody watched this yet, I managed half the first episode, is it worth continuing?

I found it a little LOW RENT, and VERY BORING. Maybe I went into it with the wrong expectations but thought it’d feel a bit more cinematic and SUSPENSFUL.

It hasn’t made it to our side of the globe but I’d say just watch the original movie

I stuck in there for all three episodes. I thought it picked up a bit with the second but not enough to really recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom