Blond Ambition Tour turns 30 next WEEK!

And "Vogue" turned 30 recently. In celebration of that, she uploaded some remixes and a BAT performance on her youtube channel. YAY!

I'm planning the birthday celebrations by digging out my DV.... out WAIT.

Last edited:
BRAIN FART!

Realised it the minute I posted it - the whole point of the thread was to prepare for next week (not that anyone here cares). Can a mod please edit?

Don’t worry, Suede, we all mistakes. After all...

THEY ARRESTED BOBBY BROWN FOR FUCKING ON STAGE!

I hope he’s there when I get there...

Can't you edit a thread title yourself if you started it?

:D

How many Blond Ambition Tour concerts are actually OUT THERE in different guises? I'm sure someone made a list

Yokohama (full show professionally filmed)
Barcelona (full show professionally filmed)
Nice (full show professionally filmed)
Paris (footage used in ToD/In Bed WITH; however, according to ALEK, the whole show does NOT exist unlike previously thought)

There's also New Jersey and.... Houston?! But I think those are from the screens no?

I've got the Houston one on a bootleg DVD...

Try clicking 'thread tools' above your first post on the right. On threads I've started I get an 'edit title' option drop down.

As much as I hate the OLD CRONE now, still CLEARLY the BEST TOUR EVER.

This may sound like a pile of old wank, but I genuinely do believe my life would be immeasurably poorer without it.

To start the celebrations I shall RATE every performance out of ten, with one allowable 11 as per Moopy GUIDELINES.

10 Express Yourself
09 Open Your Heart
09 Causing a Commotion
08 Where's the Party
10 Like a Virgin
10 Like a Prayer
11 Live to Tell/Oh Father
10 Papa Don't Preach
07 Sooner or Later
08 Hanky Panky
07 Now I'm Following You
07 Material Girl
08 Cherish
09 Into the Groove
10 Vogue
09 Holiday
10 Keep it Together

Based solely on performance and not song (though the latter does have a minor effect on my thoughts, I’m sure)

11 Express Yourself
09 Open Your Heart
10 Causing a Commotion
08 Where's the Party
10 Like a Virgin
10 Like a Prayer
08 Live to Tell/Oh Father
10 Papa Don't Preach
10 Sooner or Later- FUCKING ICONIC (if a bit honky)
09 Hanky Panky
07 Now I'm Following You
05 Material Girl
08 Cherish
10 Into the Groove
10 Vogue
10 Holiday
10 Keep it Together

Yeah I struggle with Sooner Or Later. The Yokohama vocal is quite NICE early on in the tour and not as HONKY as some of the LATER ones though....

10 Express Yourself
09 Open Your Heart
09 Causing a Commotion
08 Where's the Party
10 Like a Virgin
10 Like a Prayer
11 Live to Tell/Oh Father
10 Papa Don't Preach
07 Sooner or Later
08 Hanky Panky
07 Now I'm Following You
07 Material Girl
08 Cherish
09 Into the Groove
10 Vogue
09 Holiday
10 Keep it Together

GOD, just reading this setlist made me WET myself. Imagine something remotely similar these days with no unncessary additions of Candy Shop or Spanish Lesson, no features and no interludes mashups of Bday Song, Hey You or GOd knows what. *dies*

Love it, and the interviews it produced:

"Does the name Joan Collins make you jealous?"
"No, have you seen her lately? :o :D

The energy in the newly leaked New Jersey show is fantastic, and great vocals. Even in HONKY Sooner or Later.

Shame a lot of the shots are too close, and cut out the Sisters Grimm aka Donna & Nicki

That's a brilliant idea! I haven't watched it in ages. There's a few on youtube, so it's just a case of deciding which one and when.

There's obviously a lot of discussion about which take so I'll take @Suedey's steer on this.
A collective stream would be brilliant! Shall we aim for the weekend? Maybe Fri or Sat?

GREAT.

I reckon we should go for the recent upload of the New Jersey show on Youtube. Even for those of us long in the tooth it's a bit 'fresher' than watching Yokohama / Barcelona / Nice again..

Does New Jersey have the CURLY BOB or the PEROXIDE PONY? Either way, it must be indoors, so at least they won't have to just wear their Vogue costumes :disco:

Last edited:
Jersey is ponytail .

I always thought she got more RACY and into it with the curls .

japan is quite tame before she found the stride

I’d watch any. Barcelona is my sentimental favourite harkening back to a glorious August summer day where it was hyped to death on Sky movies complete with abbey National adverts featuring Sonia .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom