Books you’ve read in 2021

I’ve started this, in preparation for our lord and saviour Harry Styles gay baiting us all in the upcoming film

71A8P3xapxL.jpg

Have read a bit over 300 pages now, mostly because I’ve barely had time, and get too sleepy to continue reading. The story is like a Russian soap opera where not much happens but it’s still captivating. I read about three whole chapters about farming and mowing and it was almost soothing to the sole. Same thing about a horse race.

I tried to lower my expectations by setting 20 books as the main goal, but in reality the ambition is to average one book per week…

…which has all came to a halt due to Anna Karenina being not really a book but an 8 season long soap opera about Russian politics, philosophy and some very needy, annoying women (and sometimes men). Thanks to the heat and midnight sun I will hopefully manage to finish it by the end of the weekend. Inshallah.

I really don’t think you should it read it, Suedy, I wouldn’t ant you to go through it in such trying times.

Just joined the local library. Heartened to see they had a Pride selection. And a host of new releases.

Borrowed this one

0D0B77A5-D3C1-4E75-BFF7-DCE227ADD4C6.jpeg

So I decided to read another Ishiguro I was in the mood and delved into An Artist Of The Floating World which was hugely disappointing. Why does he have to be hit and miss all the time!?

Has anyone read ”On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous” by Ocean Vuong? I’m in a mini book club and we’re going to read it. It sounds like a book for Moopy too.

But first I need to finish my first Sherlock Holmes mystery. :)

Has anyone read ”On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous” by Ocean Vuong? I’m in a mini book club and we’re going to read it. It sounds like a book for Moopy too.

But first I need to finish my first Sherlock Holmes mystery. :)
Yes. The writing is beautiful and I liked it a lot but it dipped a little towards the end.

Certain sections are stunning though.

Who posted elsewhere about the Yorkshire cottages book and what was it called?
You've read it I'm sure. You might have recommended it. :D

Blood Relatives. It isn't central but his best friend is an aging gay man researching and cataloguing cottaging locations across Yorkshire.

Also the book is BRILLIANT and might be in my top five. Definitely ten.

We had our first vote and the first book club book is Gore Vidal's The City and the Pillar. Should I be scared?

I’m reading The Velvet Rage. It’s more basic than I expected, but I can’t deny recognizing myself and my behaviour in alomst every example. The begining made me feel like shit, but the second half is better and giving me as a stage three-ish gay man some hope.

I’m reading The Velvet Rage. It’s more basic than I expected, but I can’t deny recognizing myself and my behaviour in alomst every example. The begining made me feel like shit, but the second half is better and giving me as a stage three-ish gay man some hope.
Amazon readers' reviews are not encouraging. 'Outdated' and 'full of stereotypes'. :eyes:

wait, is it non-fic? FLUSH

Even worse, it’s a kind of self help book.

As for the stereotypes; yes it mostly seems to be written to the rich middle class Americans because the examples the author mentions are mostly that, but it’s applicable to most gays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom