Books you've read in 2022

Oh my god enough about that boring bitch. Aren’t there other books around?

Did a 6 hour marathon of reading to finish this today, excellent first read for the year 5/5

@Mats you would probably enjoy the series, it’s very much a family/crime saga with a lot of plotting and scheming (the magical parts are really more of a flavor).

thank you! might be my fantastical pick for 2022. you know, I never did resume reading of Oathbringer... the story and characters are really interesting but the writing just didn't hold up in my opinion

thank you! might be my fantastical pick for 2022. you know, I never did resume reading of Oathbringer... the story and characters are really interesting but the writing just didn't hold up in my opinion

I’m not the type of person who would notice the writing unless it’s terrible but it’s been said before that his prose is not his strongest aspect. He’s more of a plot/world builder so I understand.

Still the ending of Oathbringer is quite epic.

Finished this yesterday:

1643218504781.png

I just finished this...

1643320080247.jpeg

Yes it’s essentially a gay version of Harry Potter, but I did love it :shy:

I re-read Snow Country on my vacation - still great. Kawabata's prose is like watching a movie sometimes

I've begun Maurice, thought I'd like something gay before diving back into the void that is Brothers Karamazov. entertaining so far!

So I read Convenience Store Woman (I think it might have been a @Mats recommendation..?) and I loved it.

Currently halfway through Olive Kitteridge and struggling to be honest. I think it's so overrated.

I'm also reading Toni Morrison's Beloved for book club. I'm on page 50 and don't understand anything at all :D
I've read quite a bit of Morrison (Bluest Eye, Sula, Jazz etc.) but Beloved I always start and put aside. It's difficult.
My next Morrison will probably be Song of Solomon.

it's extremely difficult! I don't know why those basic bitches I read with chose it :D the first couple of pages I was like "ooh, a horror story" and then I just completely lost all sense of direction or coherence

I'm giving it 50 more pages before I quit

it's extremely difficult! I don't know why those basic bitches I read with chose it :D the first couple of pages I was like "ooh, a horror story" and then I just completely lost all sense of direction or coherence

I'm giving it 50 more pages before I quit

I read it at school, so I had quite a lot of help. But it’s basically a circular story, so it goes back and back around to things from the past, and then adds more detail to it. There’s a movie with Oprah and a very naked Thandie Newton. Watch it!

I read it at school, so I had quite a lot of help. But it’s basically a circular story, so it goes back and back around to things from the past, and then adds more detail to it. There’s a movie with Oprah and a very naked Thandiwe Newton. Watch it!
Fixed.

Almost finished Things Have Gotten Worse Since We Last Spoke by Eric LaRocca for book club.

Simultaneously reading Down There On a Visit by Christopher Isherwood which I'm much more invested in.

I read it at school, so I had quite a lot of help. But it’s basically a circular story, so it goes back and back around to things from the past, and then adds more detail to it. There’s a movie with Oprah and a very naked Thandie Newton. Watch it!

watching the movie might be a good help, thanks.

wait, are you reading anything at the moment, profesora?

A couple of days ago I did something I thought I’d never be able to do; I finished the fucking Karamazov Brothers.

Now I feel so free and almost never want to read again. But I have already started with this sad and sweet classic The Call of the Wild which is be about a kidnapped dog. :)

Next week I might start reading Jazz by Toni Morrison (the others I have unread by her are much longer). Those I’ve read by her haven’t been as difficult as your description of Beloved.

watching the movie might be a good help, thanks.

wait, are you reading anything at the moment, profesora?

Hey beauts. :disco: I’m finishing up The Right to Sex at the moment, which is v good, and before that I read a fantastic novel called A Shock, by this queer Irish writer Keith Ridgway. Planning to start Howard’s End tonight for a fun little class I’m taking.

I would want to join but I’m trying not to buy more books.

I think I’ll read Madame Bovary after Jazz. Or one of the Japanese collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom