Bridgerton (Netflix 1800s gossipy soap)

I thought it had been renewed already. Looking forward to seeing more of Jonathan in the next run too.

Marvellous. I didn’t realise there was a whole series of books to mine from!

Although dropping over Xmas during a pandemic, that's perhaps inevitable. It does demonstrate the gap in the market that Downton left behind hadn't been filled efficiently.

I just finished the second episode and love it. Is Downton worth it? It always seemed kind of boring but Ive never actually seen it

Never mind, I got a bit bored of him and Sally Webster Jr last time anyway, though she is sticking around apparently. Are they going to send the Duke off to the country permanently?

I absolutely hated this. Didn't find anyone attractive and I'm one of those strange people who finds sex on screen really, really boring.

2 episodes in and I'm not LIVING FOR IT.

The feels like the SAME OLD with the hot lead absent.

Oh I'm all for Jonathan Bailey for the lead but I was watching the first episode last before I went to bed last night and I was willing it to end.

Definitely one of those cases when Netflix doesn't need to have episodes run over an hour just because they can.

There’s some questionable acting amongst the newcomers.

‘I’d be delighted…*checks cue card*…my lord’

Last edited:
I’m actually enjoying this season far more than the first now. It’s that bit more interesting without being an incessant bodice ripper.

Very disturbing piece in this week's Popbitch email about cast members abusing innocent snails with tennis rackets :(

I've only watched the first couple of episodes but not feeling Bailey's love interest. The acting through rapid blinking thing she does is grinding my gears.

And just give Polly Walker more to bloody do.

Miss Edwina, did I tell you about my nephew? He's a prince. And available.

I laughed because it's so awful. Obviously I've enjoyed it all.

The Derry girl isn't quite up to this confrontation scene.

Portia's social maneuvering to dominate season 3 please.

And the word "morsel" to be used every episode. It's quite devilishly delicious. It makes me think of Ursala eating one of her poor unfortunate soles like they were truffles.

I’m only two episodes in but thoroughly enjoying it still. The only weak link is Edwina who, bless her, just isn’t convincing as “the diamond”.

I also hope they hurry up and obviously get Anthony and Kate going cause them just rowing all the time is going to get tedious fast.

I’m only two episodes in but thoroughly enjoying it still. The only weak link is Edwina who, bless her, just isn’t convincing as “the diamond”.

I also hope they hurry up and obviously get Anthony and Kate going cause them just rowing all the time is going to get tedious fast.
Poor Edwina in so many ways. Not sure the ‘diamond’ is supposed be as daft as brush.

I actually think this is much better than series 1 (and it doesn’t miss RJP). The subplots are more engaging as the characters feel that little more developed.

"Do you even know all the ways a lady can be seduced? The things I could teach you."

:D

Three episodes in and I am quite enjoying the Queen Charlotte spin-off. Young Lady Danbury is the clear highlight but also liking the two butlers discreetly gaying it up.

The sometimes mad King George has the look of a slightly more Ken doll version of Nicholas Hoult.

Just watching this now. It's really good. Although I feel rather special that it took me 2.5 episodes to realise the time jump premise :D

Three episodes in and I am quite enjoying the Queen Charlotte spin-off. Young Lady Danbury is the clear highlight but also liking the two butlers discreetly gaying it up.

The sometimes mad King George has the look of a slightly more Ken doll version of Nicholas Hoult.

I’m four episodes in and I couldn’t have summed my feelings up better, including having just said “there’s a whiff of Nicholas Hoult about him” to Mr Sheena less than half an hour ago…

I read that they have followed the casting of Sally Webster's spawn in the main series with Hugh Dennis' son as the tall gay butler.

I read that they have followed the casting of Sally Webster's spawn in the main series with Hugh Dennis' son as the tall gay butler.

I actually thought he was the weak link acting wise, sadly.

Enjoyed this overall but thought it tailed off at the end. Nice enough to pass the time til the next Bridgerton though.

I still have a couple of episodes to go, just watched episode 4 today which felt like a bit of a retread for the most part.

Going through this quite slowly but still enjoying it.

Just clocked the minor role for LEMAR :D

Oh the ending was QUITE LOVELY

The final two episodes did not need to be so long though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom